Benelli Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New to the forum and have just got a tornado tre 900.

Have just had first ride and the bike has a really bad splutter at 4 - 4.5k rpm and wondered what may cause this. It works and runs well below and above and is a great bike . Would just like to sort that splutter out.

Please fire away with what you think it may be and how it's fixed.

TIA

·
Registered
609 Posts
It could just be fuelling if it has had the exhaust and air box flaps removed. Generally sort of gives a slight hesitation rather than a stutter. You could try a modified map. Get yourself Tuneecu and the correct cable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's very low mileage and standard bar end can I've put on it.

How easy is tuneecu to use? I'm not very good at computer things.

·
Registered
609 Posts
It’s not bad to use, but you have to be methodical and take a few precautions. Might be better to find a local benelli enthusiast to help or take it to Bennett’s and let them do it If you aren’t happy with computers. But as I said it is worth having just for diagnostics, TPS setting etc.

·
No good with spanners....
MV F4, TNT 899
3,382 Posts
Has it got the right map on it? Mine did that when I first got it, Had the right map installed for the Sport Tit can and it was smooth right through the Rev range👍

fred

·
Registered
828 Posts
It's very low mileage and standard bar end can I've put on it.

How easy is tuneecu to use? I'm not very good at computer things.
You say you have changed the exhaust ?
Put the original back on and try it again. if the splutter has gone , you will need to change the mapping to an open,non baffled version like the 6033 last version to use your aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
828 Posts
It could just be fuelling if it has had the exhaust and air box flaps removed. Generally sort of gives a slight hesitation rather than a stutter. You could try a modified map. Get yourself Tuneecu and the correct cable.
Dont forget , its a Tre 900 with a sagem ecu, no exhaust flaps or solenoid and exhaust butterfly as on the Walbro run bikes .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok will put the standard can back on and see what it's like.

Thanks for all the advise, much appreciated.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok will put the standard can back on and see what it's like.

Thanks for all the advise, much appreciated.
I put a blue flame on mine years ago to no adverse effect and then a few years ago a mate was getting rid of his bike so I had a stubby almost open to the elements carbon can and this has been on there for years now with no problem. (Im not blaming the cans on the current missfire as it fine for miles).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Put standard can back on and is fine so remap with new exhaust required for mine. Will leave as is for now. If anyone wants an SP engineering carbon trioval exhaust let me know.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Put standard can back on and is fine so remap with new exhaust required for mine. Will leave as is for now. If anyone wants an SP engineering carbon trioval exhaust let me know.
Put it up for sale on here someone will buy it.

·
Registered
828 Posts
After market exhausts can be very random, its been known for some exhausts to work fine and some make the bikes run like shit. I have a Quill on my Rs , it runs really well, but can wake the dead at full chat.
I have a Lextec on the 900 Tre and that also runs really well.
I bought another Tornado with one of those stubby SP engineering carbon cans on, it messed up the fuelling, was stupidly loud and with the baffle in choked the bike, so much so it dropped the power output by about 20%.
A dyno proved it, we put the standard can back on , (it had a removable baffle) we took that out and ran the bike up on its original mapping and power was more all the way up than the full open super loud SP can .
Just goes to show.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts