Benelli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know whether there are any adjustable clip ons available for the Tornado?
Cheers Zebo.:)

·
3,081 Posts
mmm

probably not as you would either hit the instrument, hit the fairing, or hit the tank, apparently the RS clip-ons are 5mm "back" than the tornado's. or try "adrian flair' on the web

·
1,841 Posts
I thought the rs bars were 15 mm back ??? I measured my rs tubes and they are 58mm, im not sure if tre tubes are the same size , i think they may be smaller ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Heli bars

Guys, has this thread died a natural death?

I have written to Helibars to see if they have anything for the Tornado. Although I haven't actually ridden my bike more than 30 miles in total since purchase:rolleyes: , I usually end up doing some sort of `comfort` conversion as my neck begins to suffer. I have done 2 Tl1000s`s, an Aprilia RSVR and a ZX9R in the past, none of which needed fairing cuts or brake line changes with the Helibars.

Alternatives would be of real interest to me.

Regards, Robin.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Bar risers

I have Cycle Cat risers on my Tre. I did not put them on, so I don't know the part number. I will post some closeups in the gallery when I get a chance. I think they are a bit higher than standard, though I have only compared to pictures I have seen.

Dean

·
3,081 Posts
higher bars

get some higher bars off the Cafe racer TnT, same forks as the Tre, for a RS900 you would just have to make up a spacer to take up the slack but the CR should bolt straight onto the Tre, not sure about clearance issus though, I must say that after sitting on caferacer1130's CR its a beautiful riding position :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cafe bars

So should the bars off a cafe racer fit directly onto a standard tre?
That would be fantastic. As you say, the riding position is superb.
Thanks for the insight. :clap:

I wonder if the throttle, brake and clutch lines will be long enough and if the bars will squeeze into the fairing.
Do you think Brian at KJM or one of the other gurus might know?:bow:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good start

I have Cycle Cat risers on my Tre. I did not put them on, so I don't know the part number. I will post some closeups in the gallery when I get a chance. I think they are a bit higher than standard, though I have only compared to pictures I have seen.

Dean
Thanks Dean, do you think they needed any other mods?
Photos would be great.
Robin.

·
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
clip ons

I have just got hold of some Gilles Variobars to fit on my Tre.I am just waiting on a 16mm multispline tool to get the top yoke off with and then i will give them a go!Trying the 70mm raisers first.:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Helibars

Helibars have responded saying they have never been asked for a set for a Tornado, so wont be doing one. No response from Cyclecats yet but if Gilles do a Variobar, which one. They don't list a Benelli in their product line?

·
Registered
736 Posts
There is a set of Cafe Racer bars and top yoke on fleabay at the moment.
Item number: 250111336189
They are in Germany but he may send to the UK if you ask.
These will fit Tre forks as these are fitted to the CR.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
mmmnnn Robin, I was actually looking at that item myself - I really like the Yoke detail on that compared to the standard Tre !

Guess there is no point in bidding against each other

Good Luck

Kurt

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ebay

Kurt, if the standard top yoke can stay on my tre, then I can try the bars and you could have the yoke?

What are they worth do you think?

Robin.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Kurt, if the standard top yoke can stay on my tre, then I can try the bars and you could have the yoke?

What are they worth do you think?

Robin.
Not quite sure what they are worth really - As little as possible is my guess :rolling:

I am sure that to buy this lot from Benelli would be £200-£300+ ????

I would like to think that whoever wins the auction gets a bargain.

If I was buying the lot for myself then I would probably like to not pay much more than £100 for them
(the clip ons are just tube with clamps so in reality they should hardly cost anything to make)

I just hope people dont keep bidding on it and wait till a few minutes before auction end so as to keep the price down !

Good luck

·
Registered
164 Posts
Cycle Cat Clip Ons

I have posted pictures of the Cycle Cat bar risers in my album:

http://www.benelliforum.com/gallery/deanhalter_cyclecatcliponpictures

A couple of notes:

There is a pin in each of the left and right switchgear that mates with a corresponding hole in the bar. On the risers, the hole is placed farther out on the bar, so it forces the grips out very wide. I removed the pins from the switchgear and moved the grips in correspondingly. I supposed one could just drill a new hole to mate with the pin, but you really do this at your own risk.

The risers look as if they were machined to fit the Benelli, by this I mean there is a cut that was make to clear the triple tree. I do not think this was done at the factory, however, it looks like you would only need to do this machining if you wanted to slip the clip on all the way up the fork leg to the triple tree to gain the full rise effect.

Dean

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cycle cat

Excellent photos.

I have contacted CycleCat in the US but they are unable to recommend a set of risers for the Tornado, so it seems a bit `hit or miss` as to which product to buy. I guess fork leg diameter is a good start?

Dean, do you mean they had to be cut to allow the riser to fit around the outer part of the yoke? I can see your throttle cables have been rotated, are the brake and clutch lines very taught? and does it easily miss the fairing and tank?

Sorry so many questions, I am keen to do the conversion one way or another. Zebo is due to fit his variobars soon and I am bidding on the cafe racer bars.

Robin.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts