Benelli Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since 2001 I have been lurking thinking one day I would be able to buy a Tornado. I was negativly hoping that once that I had a ride of a Tonado that I wouldnt like it and so get rid of the desire!!!

When I took a Tornado out for a ride, the desire did'nt deminish and wanted one even more. :x

So a call the the insurance company, found they wanted £900!!!

Other that move from a city postcode to IV99 I cant see how I can reduce insureance costs.

How much do you others pay and which company?

Are there insurance companies that have special deals for Tornado?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
DAVE284, I'm with Express Insurance and have full no claims protected discount on my Tornado Tre / SV650S. They are both on the same policy with Equity Redstar and have £350.00 / £200.00 excess and it cost me £186.00 this year....I am 37 years old and live in Andover Hampshire. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where do you live?

What town are you in? That is ludicrously high. Whats your age and where do you live? No claims years? Accidents? Speedings? Points on your liscence? I am sure me or the guys can come up with something better for you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: insurance

I insured my bike when I was 23 (24 now :p ) with A quote insurance. They were the cheapest for me. At the time I had 3 years No claims, licence since I was 17. Not a great area and I paid £500 full comp with about 200 exc. I'd give them a go

Dont worry I had silly 1000+ quotes too

Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: insurance

i paid £300 fully comp for my RS.Full no claim,age 47

You old bugger Colin;) At that age I thought a Norton Commando would be more your style:rollin :rollin

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Norton Commando ???

just realised you probably would not see that under the fairing it is a norton commando !
ps i made a mistake i am 48 !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Norton Commando ???

When I bought my TRE the first quote I got was £1598 fully comp from Norwich Union..
I am 39 With only 2 years no claims..
After shopping around for 2 days, I managed to reduce that to £397 fully comp..

Funnily enough with Norwich Union..

It pays to make the effort.

Once you have filled out a quote on line or made a few phone calls, the brokers start ringing you back. Everytime they ask you what your cheapest quote was knock £50 off and see what they offer you..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Insurance quotes!

:hat

I also am with Equity Red Star with maximum NCD protected. I pay £328 per year for my Nelli (£450 xs) Kawasaki 1500 (£200 xs) and 1300 Yamaha (£200 xs).

BUT..... As you all know I was knocked off of my Tre not so long ago and Equity have been a right pain in the arse offering me next to nothing for my mint bike. It is not as if they have to pay out as the third party has admitted liability!>:

I too am am a bit old (46) but not as old a Colin, he is so old he cannot even remember how old he is!!!:rollin :rollin :rollin

Would you like me to get you some medication Colin!:\

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Insurance quotes!

Ullo mister

I work for an insurance company (shamless plug www.directchoice.co.uk) . Its not worth recommending one particular insurance company because many will have competative rates for one section of people and be miles out on others.

The best thing to do is to go through all the free phone numbers of insurance companies in bike mags. Each time you ask for the next quote take £20 off the price you've been quoted....you'll soon know when you've reached the bottom of the scale for what you want.

You can go on line and check ....use someone like Moneysupermarket.com (they're aggregators..i.e. they get quotes from multiple companies).

Be careful though....online quotes if they only ask 2 pages opf questions are not worth the time or effort because they assume lots of info (job title, NCB, Mileage etc) which will not be accurate to you.

Also be aware that even on aggregator sites some companies (to ensure they sit at the top of the list) will add a voluntary excess to ensure they give you the cheapest price....even though you havenot asked for it.

In this case look at the hyper link in the small print for the assumed criteria. Failing that use the ol' phone method and ask exactly what the details are.

For what its worth I paid £340 fully comp, 32yrs, 5 years NCB, garaged.

I pays to shop around!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts