Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

It looks like the clocks on my tornado are stuffed.

The speedo does not zero when I stop until a few seconds later.

Not a massive problem, but it makes me wonder if the speed might be wrong all the time.

It looks like the problem could be a cap not discharging quickly enough but the unit doesn't look like it's that easy to work on.

Anyway.....i've tried disconnecting the battery to see if anything will reset but no change.

The clocks are rev D.

Does anyone have a set of spare clocks, or know how much such an item will cost?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Clocks

Could the sensor be dirty at the back wheel? I have noticed mine covered in brake dust, though I have not correlated it to response time of the clocks, be it clean or dirty...

I would also check the connections, a resistance in line will change the RC time constant if it a capacitive system as you say. There is a connection on the swingarm if memory serves.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Does anyone have a set of spare clocks, or know how much such an item will cost?
The price for a new set from an official Benelli Dealer should be around £250

·
5,934 Posts
but it makes me wonder if the speed might be wrong all the time.
Use the lap timer to check the time taken between mile markers while holding the speed constant. I assume you have distance markers. We have them set up over 5km stretches, marked at each km. Do it at 2 different speeds. That should put your mind at rest.

I've had mine apart a few times, chasing possible solutions to the resetting problem. Hardest part is removing the gauge needles. You've got to protect the face, and lever the needles off. They can be difficult, but I've always managed it without breaking anything.

DON'T TOUCH the face. The oils on your fingers will mark it permanently.

I have pictures of the circuit board, front & back. Let me know, & I'll post them.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
With the ignition off, hold the Mode button in for 2 seconds then switch the ingition on while keeping the mode button depressed. You can the switch between MPH and KPH by pressing the mode switch.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
The price for a new set from an official Benelli Dealer should be around £250
I understand that they are French made, and repairable at the factory (France). Only prob is doing without them while under repair

·
5,934 Posts
I understand that they are French made, and repairable at the factory (France). Only prob is doing without them while under repair
The one's I've got are made by Facomsa, a Spanish company. Could be made in France though, I guess.
I don't think they repair the Version A's. The local importer has a crate full of them.

·
349 Posts
Going home last night i felt like John McGuiness at the TT seeing up to 216 on the speedo.Shame it was KPH and not MPH!!
I have now got MPH registering.:)

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi John,

I got your message but I saw that you've been able to change to MPH before I got a chance to return your call. What did you have to do to get them to change? Did you have to use the starter button?

·
349 Posts
No Laurence just do as you said,but keep holding the button until the KPH flashed.I was not patient enough!.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts