Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not for me folks, but Angus has mentioned Frasiers Engine is Fooked ! :( What a Sin ! :mad:

I believe the engine Cranks Cream Crackered etc !

I'm sure he'll be on the forum soon to explain, in the meantime it is worth investigating to see if a spare engine at the right price is available from anywhere ?

And I guess the best place to start is here !

timemachines haven't got one as I've tried them :bawl:

So if anyone knows of one, speak up NOW !

:bow:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Thanks for putting this thread up chaps, just popped into a vets and 'borrowed' wifi! My luck seems to be getting worse!! Seems my RS had an insignificant sneeze when warming up, the sneeze was in fact the big end shells turning on the crank, alas my bike has a wrecked con rod for 1 piston, a mullered crankshaft, so to repair, I'm looking for an engine or even just a good bottom end (I'm assuming the heads from an RS will fit a tre bottom end). The alternative is sourcing a new Crank, Conrod, shell bearings and gasket set and rebuilding, I'm suspecting this will cost A LOT, which I now don't have after the clutch 'repair' :doh:

In a bit of a position here, bike being transported hom tomorrow, any thoughts here.

just a hug would do

Cheers, Fraser

·
Registered
319 Posts
Oh my lord. Fraser, I am so sorry to hear about your bad news.

In german ebay, there are 2 engines offered. I think one is with mileage 4650km for 1590Euro (I guess). another one with less mileage is around 1800Euro. Probably negotiable.

Hope you can fix your probs soon.

Dirk

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Bloody hell fraser you are not having much luck with that bike are you! Apart from moto-breakers and time machine I have not seen anyone else breaking. I guess the other option would be one of the insurance write offs if any around. That way you could salvage the engine and make some back on any other bits that are useable. Not seen any on ebay recently but there were a couple on there for a while.
Hope you get something sorted mate.

Col

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Is this the bike that Bennetts had Fraser?
It sure is Al and the one that is listed on Auto trader is Al's write-off Rob.

Fraser I'm gutted for you matey. This is the worst possible situation to find yourself in. If I can find an available engine listed anywhere, I'll be sure to let you know.

Hope things improve soon

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Just wonder if its worth making a cheeky offer on the salvage bike as its been around so long - if the 2 available engines are between 1500 and 1800 euros, getting the write off for similar would seem to be a good deal. What was the condition of the engine on yours Al? Was there any damage to it?

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Fraser made me aware of this today and thanks to Robs kindness he put a thread up whilst in his work capacity ,motogb breakers in Doncaster sold that motor last year,rob rang timemachines and theres has gone and i even rang bennetts as i thought if they had the demo bikes in a bad state that they may be broken but alas they are to be repaired . I'll search tonight in a place on the net thats up north of manchester as i cant believe no ones got a motor or bottom end of a Tornado motor. Hang In There Fraser we'll sort it .

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
middle to end of last summer while harry nash motorcycles were serviceing my tre and cafe racer they had a tornado that had had a rear end shunt from a london bus . this had or was being written of , where or what happened or if they kept i dont no but a call to them wouldnt go a miss ,very helpfull there ,well they are with me , best of luck .

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
What was the condition of the engine on yours Al? Was there any damage to it?
No damage at all to the engine Col. Infact, it had not long had a complete rebuild.
I think you now have every Nelli owner in the land looking out for you on this one Fraser. Hope you get a good (and wallet friendly) outcome;)

Al:(

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
:) OK HERES MY INPUT IN HALF HOURS TRAWLING I HAVE A TORNADO 1130 MOTOR COMPLETE FOR £1300 or OFFERS AND HAVE TO SEE ABOUT COMPATABILITY , i will carry on looking :) :)

DONT WORRY FRASER I'M ON THE CASE ;)

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Fraser, tough luck, man:( . What an absolute nightmare. BUT - what about the 1130 motor? Now that could be an interesting line to follow, as you would have a real sleeper, if it could be made to work, and you would have the top end of yours to sell, to re-coup a bit.:D

btw, are Bennetts still going to charge you for the clutch it wasn't in there for? How out of order would that be?

Good luck

Ian

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Dear god guys, what a response! I'm managing not to wallow in self pity at the moment, but lets just say this is not the only issue I'm having to contend with at the moment.

I think that I could sneak the money for the 1130 lump if it would fit, prices as far as I'm concerned are negotiable. Yeah I like this idea. I was told by the guy that diagnosed the problem that I would be looking at 2-2.5K to sort the problem out, but if I wanted to sell the bike he would give me £1500, hows that for a kicking when your already down.

It looks like I have 2 choices, buy a salvaged Tre at £1.5-2K or the 1130 lump if it fits for less. does anyone know what else would be required to fit the 1130 into an RS, ie looms, ecu etc. Money at the moment is tight, but I want to get that bloody bike one the road and give it a good run, I will not give up on this bike, you guys have helped encourage me to go for it and get it sorted. I have to plead for help fitting an engine to the bike as I'm not that up to speed with modern motors ( I have a Guzzi 1098, dontcha know).

OOOHHH, do you think the guzzi engine could be made to fit?!?!

Thanks Angus for your help, keep me posted on the 1130 position, I don't want to miss out on this engine if it is a goer.

cheers, Fraser

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I will offer a amount on your behalf fraser and see what happens and i'll be in touch . carriage would be arranged as well its just a case of finding out the whys and what ifs the 1130 would go . grab a beer and chill and if you can sort the other thing out we'll work on your problem here (right guys ?). if a tre could be bought for cheap money at least you could reclaim money back but it might be extra hassle to deal with when you least need it .

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Hey angus, just read a bit on the web that says the tornado tre frame was revised to accept the 1130, don't know what exactly but could just be marketing crap. I would really like to confirm that the 1130 would fit before committing for obvious reasons.
signing off for know, only thing I have to ead in my B&B is a bloody bike mag, at least the people running the B&B saw I was not to happy and I know have a bottle of wine from them (to help with sleeping!)
cheers, Fraser.

·
Registered
574 Posts
offer of an 1130 tre to check compatability

Frazer- I can't comment on the engine compatability. However, I'm happy to ride my 1130tre over to wherever your bike is and leave it with you for a time to check if the engine will swap in advance - if that is of any help get back to me and well sort something out.

Im off to London sunday night and in Germany weds/thurs/friday next week.

Cheers Nigel.

·
1,841 Posts
Although the 1130 engine should fit,there may be some problems with fueling etc. The 1130 use walbro ecu,with different wiring loom.Also the 1130 has exhaust and intake valves.The RS has an oil cooler and not the oil/water heat exchanger of the 1130 and tre,but this may be possible to just swop?
With tuneboy, it may be possible to "guess" suitable figures for the fuel and ignition maps etc, but the ecus work to different parameters.
Overall it would be interesting,but may give a lot of headache.
A cheap crashed bike sounds a bit better option to me.
Has the dealer not got legal obligations?
Colin.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts