Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Chaps,

I was speaking to a guy from Quill Exhausts at the Scottish Bike show a few weeks ago and he was telling me that they are really close to manufacturing a can for the Tornado.
The can is generic and is about 10-12 inches long (what's a couple of inches between friends eh):rolling:

It looked better in the flesh than it does in the picture, and it weighed the same as about a half bag of sugar!

And the cost I hear you all ask.......A very reasonable £250.

If I hadn't just put a Blue-flame on, I would certainly be seriously considering this:clap:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Is that for the 900 engine - or 1130?

With Rusty Russ :bow: so close to getting the stubby Remus from an R6 mapped to work the fuelling ok on the 900 tornado we are gonna be spoilt for choice !!!! :clap:

Bring it on :ele:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that for the 900 engine - or 1130?

With Rusty Russ :bow: so close to getting the stubby Remus from an R6 mapped to work the fuelling ok on the 900 tornado we are gonna be spoilt for choice !!!! :clap:

Bring it on :ele:
:doh: You know what Kurt, I never actually asked:doh:
The guy did say that they were about to dyno the test bike to see what (if any) mapping needed to be done. Best thing to do would be to give them a buzz to find out.:D

http://www.quillexhausts.com/

Tel 01942 721 744

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Akropovic eh? :bow:

Did you have to alter the fuelling? (If not do you know what map you have installed on your ECU?)

Piccies please - NOW:ele:

·
Registered
95 Posts
dude i will try and send you some pics just waiting for my panels and tank to come back from the shop i got the bike resprayed because the green paint was flacking. i have not ran the bike yet with it on as i just finished getting it to fit the other night. I have a tune boy so i will get my guy to tune it up once i get it to the workshop.

·
Registered
513 Posts
My Akrapovic R6 stubby arrived in the post today !!!! Cant wait to fit it need to make up a support bracket.As Ive said before my Tre has the Benelli sport can/map so I am not expecting any problems fingers crossed.Will keep people posted how I get on :)

·
340 Posts
My Akrapovic R6 stubby arrived in the post today !!!! Cant wait to fit it need to make up a support bracket.As Ive said before my Tre has the Benelli sport can/map so I am not expecting any problems fingers crossed.Will keep people posted how I get on :)
dyno before and after is what really counts. I can bet a new TiCan that you will not be better off with this can. Our cans are ugly but still best for this engine. Please prove me wrong.

·
Registered
513 Posts
dyno before and after is what really counts. I can bet a new TiCan that you will not be better off with this can. Our cans are ugly but still best for this engine. Please prove me wrong.
Yea probally but the stubby gives the Tre a more modern look and does tidy up the side profile.When I saw the picture posted in the gallery I really loved it.So I am not to bothered about more power :) :clap: :clap:

·
224 Posts
I will really be surprised if you can get away with just changing the end can/treminal end of the exhaust, and expect it to run right.

In my experience in doing exhaust mods on many vehicles over the years, is that even simple changes in the exhaust system require remapping and/or rejetting.

I have even seen losses in performance when trying to make a more free flowing system. The thing about going with the stubby exhaust is you are radically changing the length of the exhaust system...this will make big changes in how the exhaust evacuates and flows through the system....

I look forward to seeing what you come up with....be sure you are not running the bike in to lean of a condition...it could cause you real problems....

good luck

:bow:

·
Registered
513 Posts
.As Ive said before my Tre has the Benelli sport can/map so I am not expecting any problems fingers crossed.Will keep people posted how I get on :)
;) I am talking from experience of my Sagem ECU equiped T595 which had various race cans fitted and had the race can map from the dealer and ran fine.I would prefer the Aprilia system on my old RSV of removeable Eprom just plug and play.The Benelli Sport can I have is baffle-less is also pretty much straight through but of course back pressure would be very different due to length...I would not expect a normally mapped Benelli (standard can) to put another end can on and expect it to run smoothly,mine really runs badly with the removable baffle inserted.But il keep the forum posted when its done :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
You will definately want to change your map to a custom map. If anything just make the engine run rich for a while and each day just lean out certain rpm ranges as you see fit. At least this way you won't have to worry about detonation.. With a straight short pipe you'll be pulling fuel out of the engine so fast you'll lean out pretty bad from what i"ve seen.

·
Unofficial Factory Tester
166 Posts
Looks good

Do you know what the weight of this can is compared to the Benelli (Arrow) Sport Ti pipe?

Looks great, please let us know how you get on with this project as I would be interested in going down this path.

I agree that it will give the bike a more modern side profile.

Good Luck :clap:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Be carefull

looks very nice, I've been trying to fit a Remus to a Tre 900 for many months now and the guys are totally right the tuned length of the exhaust makes a hell of a differance and you will find that only a modified map will work well on the bike.

Regards
Rusty.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Mr Russ sir

Rusty,

have you succeeded yet with the custom map - I have a Red RS begging for a short pipe.

Mind you I could lose a few pounds and getter a bigger performance gain, but it won't sound as nice !!!!

Cheers

·
Banned
3 Posts
Quill exhaust

Hey guys, I have a carbon quill exhaust that finally arrived and it simply does not fit my Tre. Not even close. They're going to look into getting me a different mid-pipe that might make it work, but right now, no way.

Bummer, because I really like the look of the pipe, too.

Anyone out there have an aftermarket slip-on in carbon fiber that fits???

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
i've got a blue flame can that fitted like crap so i went to a local exhaust place & got them to make me a link pipe, that way you can have it mounted how ever you like :)

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Lads, forgive my ignorance, if you change the end can is it possible that the bike can be set up using a power commander or a tune boy? I fancy a change but don't want to cock the bike up

·
Registered
642 Posts
yep get a custom link pipe made up, i threw the link pipe away i got with the exhaust and got a nice polished little pipe made up and bracket to fit.

lee, yes you can get power commanders, i know Bj of FB got one fitted and noticed a big improvement in throttle response and consumption.

I beleive the tune boy can do similar tuning and has the benefit of the diagnostics etc , next on my list of things to buy when my bike kitty allows :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts