Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, you will have to forgive me as I'm new to Benelli having recently purchased an 04 plated Tornado TRE 903 in Silver/Green and what an Excellent machine, very similar to my older Triumph Daytona 955i I sold last year but Far Superior in loads of ways. However, as I've only had it for two months and approx 1,000 miles, I have found a couple of glitches. Firstly it doesn't seem to be running quite right which KJM put down to the mapping and are sorting it this week, secondly the Exhaust is blowing from each end where the bands go around the Silencer and thirdly, and the most concerning, on the way back from a run on Sunday as we we're returning thru Bridgnorth I noticed the Temperature Guage had gone into the Red, so I pulled over and checked how hot the coolant hoses we're and close to the radiator they we're quite cool but near the engine they we're Very Hot.
Does anyone have any thoughts on any of my 'glitches' as I'm taking it back tomorrow to have the mapping looked at ? (As I'm sure you have gathered I am Not very Technically minded when it comes to bikes, I just clean and ride them, but that suits me fine)
regards

Robfm

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi Rob, welcome to the Forum and congrats. on your new purchase. :clap:

The issues that you have are pretty common and are nothing to be unduly worried about.

Glen at KJM will have the mapping sorted in a snap (tell him and the other guys that I said 'Hello', by the way)

The temp can go a bit 'hairy' if you have any air in the system. Get them to check this out also when they are looking at the mapping.

As for the blowing exhaust, this is another common 'feature' on the Tornado ;) All you have to do to sort it is to get a tube of High Temperature Silicon exhaust sealant from Halfords and squeeze it in to the gaps. The stuff dries to a light grey finish so you'll never see it.

Here's a couple of previous posts on the same subject:-
http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2535&highlight=silicon
http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1828&highlight=silicon

Enjoy

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Hi Rob and welcome to the fold, for a quick fix then sealing your exhaust is ok but russ at Bennetts has a remus gp style pipe on offer with remapping and new bracket to suit which gives the tornado a new look. also laurence has a number of parts to make your tornado a wee bit special which i'm sure he will enlighten you with on request.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Rob and welcome to the fold, for a quick fix then sealing your exhaust is ok but russ at Bennetts has a remus gp style pipe on offer with remapping and new bracket to suit which gives the tornado a new look. also laurence has a number of parts to make your tornado a wee bit special which i'm sure he will enlighten you with on request.
Anyone running one of these cans? anyone got any pics? :)

·
5,928 Posts
First & foremost, welcome to the clan.
...the Exhaust is blowing from each end where the bands go around the Silencer ...
A couple of ways to fix this. The way I did it can be found here.
...the Temperature Guage had gone into the Red, so I pulled over and checked how hot the coolant hoses we're and close to the radiator they we're quite cool but near the engine they we're Very Hot.
I'm betting you have a Rev.A Dash. The temp gauge is a tad erratic in that version. Replace it with the latest revision (D or later), and you'll be much happier. Fewer resets as well.
I've written a fair bit of stuff about it here.

If you're happy to send me your VIN, I'll add it to the rest. The current list can be found here. This table is useful for any prospective buyer to check, the machine status, or who it REALLY belongs to - in case of theft.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks........

Just a thank you to everyone who responded to my problems :bow: , You will be happy to know I took my bike back to KJM who have pretty much sorted evertything out, a Stick Coil had gone which was replaced under warranty, I just have to mention, as Laurence rightly pointed out, that Glenn at KJM is spot on and a Genius, he sorted my bike, did a couple of mods and even changed the plugs when he changed the coil ! The service at KJM is Genuinely Superb. My bike now runs like a Dream. I will take some time to read some of your threads and see whats on offer, so again thanks to everyone for your advice. Glenn did mention that my clocks are the old type so maybe I'll see about getting them changed sometime.
many thanks

Robfm :clap:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts