Benelli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies for posting this thread if it has been covered before (I think I recall something about it, but have had a good search and found nowt !)

But are the front discs on a tornado the same fitment as any other bike out there? (I know the brake pads and clutch lever are same as Ducati / Aprillia)
I have seen some wavey discs on ebay (but its all in german and I havent got a clue what its saying) - so I figured that if its the same fitment as other bikes then I would go down that route to buy them.

Many thanks - Kurt

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Why wavey discs Kurt? Just do what we used to do as kids and put your plimsoles over the back wheel to stop the bike. Might make your feet a little hot though:rolling:

Al;)

·
903 Posts
Wavey discs!

:p

If you want wavey discs Kurt just get your hacksaw out, clamp both discs together in a good vice and you will be able to cut both exactly the same! whilst you are at it, score some groves in them at the same time1:rolling:

I did this once when I was a spotty faced pillock on a disc of a Yamaha FS1E, (If you don't know what that was you are too young!) It didn't work! :rolling:

Can't answer you question properly I am afraid Kurt but I'm sure a Ducati or Aprillia disc will fit as all three makes use Brembo discs & callipers.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discs

:) Hi Kurt,
The Tornado 900,RS & LE all use the Brembo 320mm frt disc(Oepart#08200370) which has a Brembo MQ# 08DU9032.
This is the same part# as used by APRILIA: RS125, Tuono, Falco,Futura, RSV/R 98>2005....99% of Ducatis...Triumph Daytona650, Daytona 955i 2002>, Sprint St 1050 05>,Rocket2300cc.
There you go matey.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
:) Hi Kurt,
The Tornado 900,RS & LE all use the Brembo 320mm frt disc(Oepart#08200370) which has a Brembo MQ# 08DU9032.
This is the same part# as used by APRILIA: RS125, Tuono, Falco,Futura, RSV/R 98>2005....99% of Ducatis...Triumph Daytona650, Daytona 955i 2002>, Sprint St 1050 05>,Rocket2300cc.
There you go matey.
Okay, seeing you have managed to answer that question, what about rear sprockets?, surely there must be other bikes out there that use the same sprocket size/pitch as the Benelli!

Andy

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much Nigel - at least I got an informative reply from you, not like the bloody tosh that Al & Lloyd posted !! :rolling: :rolling:

Lloyd - whats a FS1E then - is it like an older version of Yamaha M1 or an Honda RCV212 ?? :doh:

I remember my old grandpapa telling me stories of his youth when he and his mates used to ride round on bikes called 'fizzies' :rolling: :rolling:

Hey - I just remembered - he used to wear beige too :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Okay, seeing you have managed to answer that question, what about rear sprockets?, surely there must be other bikes out there that use the same sprocket size/pitch as the Benelli!

Andy
There are others that fit Andy but you'd really have to be using a 520 chain instead of a 525. I got a new rear sprocket when I bought my rims (I run a 525) but I don't know it seems such a hard thing to find. Renthal can modify a ducati rear sprocket for you and the front one too but again it's a 520 you'd need. There is an Aussie company out there that do them but I can't remember the name of them to save my life:doh:

Al;)

·
903 Posts
What's an FS1E?

Thank you very much Nigel - at least I got an informative reply from you, not like the bloody tosh that Al & Lloyd posted !! :rolling: :rolling:

Lloyd - whats a FS1E then - is it like an older version of Yamaha M1 or an Honda RCV212 ?? :doh:

I remember my old grandpapa telling me stories of his youth when he and his mates used to ride round on bikes called 'fizzies' :rolling: :rolling:

Hey - I just remembered - he used to wear beige too :rolling: :rolling:
Tosh! I have you know that I mentioned Aprillia, Ducati & the like!:rolling:
You know what an FS1E is, your not THAT young!:rolling: Just to remind you that an FS1E was a 50cc Yamaha motorbike with pedals and was the fastest 50cc bike on the market in the 70s! Fizzies was the nickname given to them! He he he!

By the way, what is wrong with BEIGE!:rolling:

·
Registered
59 Posts
front brake disc removal

Be careful taking the discs off the front wheel. As I managed to strip two allen key bolts attempting to undo them... with great care, I might add... and I needed a four-foot long scaffold pole wrapped around the allen key to undo the others. :doh:

They are also rock hard to drill out! It took several hours with brand new bits. Once drilled, I managed to undo one with pliers gripping the headless remains, but the other is still in there and I now need to weld something to the bolt in order to get it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts