Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to this, so hi all, bought an rs a few months ago and had loads of issues with it, sent it back and bought an LE.

First impressions of the LE are it is an awsome lookiong machine, but the build quality looks to be a bit poor, are they all like this, this was taken out of the crate with scratches and paint faults.

one of the bits in the case you get is very badly machined?

any tips or tricks i should know?

looking forward to getting out it, its just a shame they havent packed em very well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
LE

Hi mate

What number is yr LE. I own No 038 which i believe is one of the first into the UK, and the build quality is very good.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LE

Not sure on the nuber yet, havent picked it up yet, was no was in the hundreds, but was more interested in the marks on it.

some of the carbon is quite scratched, the screen has a line in it, some of the silver paint is coming off between the seat and the formed raised bit, the mirror was craked, but has now been replaced. one of the machined spares in the kit loos like it had been used or droped and has a chunck of alloy not machined off it, bigger than swarf.

the centre bolt... the long thing is all silver, the pics i have seen show it as a two tone gold and silver....is this correct?

should you get anything else with it?

loooking forward to getting out on it, but hope it works ok.:\

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: LE

Hi all, well im a couple of weeks into owning my new bike, I had to sign a disclaimer with The bike shop to say that i would take up the defects with the importer or the factory.

The bike is beautifull, but i am suffering with it.

The paint flakes are disturbing, i had a hairline crack in the mirror housing, which has now just broken off. there are some silly electrical problems to do with the kill switch i think. The temp gauge went off the rails this evening, then was ok again?cant see any coolant leaks?

The bike rides well and is very light, its dream bar the probs.

have spoken to Brian at kjm and hopefully when it goes in for its first service, i will have more luck with these guys and some help with getting it sorted, they seem ok over the phone? anyone had any dealings with them?

anyone have any contacts at the factory?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyone in the uk?

How many of usd are there in the uk and what dealers do you use?

spoke to brian at kjm today said the mirror would not be a prob and that the temp gauge does that to show a fault, been ok today, looking forward to getting the first service out of the way.

think i could use the paint codes though if anyone has a supplier in the uk?

any i deas for adjustable rearsets?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts