Benelli Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
have just heard I can collect my spanking 'monkey sick' yellow RS on Tuesday morning from TAZ in Peterborough..:D .....can't wait (he says as it lashes down with rain outside)

Have been lusting after a Tornado since first seeing one at the NEC and the price reductions have proved too tempting.

Hope it meets my expectations cos I'm having to sell a mint Ltd edition Aprilia RS250 (now sold) and an as new Laverda 750 Formula (currently on ebay) to finance the purchase.

Some of the 'gremlin' posts I have been reading on the forum have got me a bit worried, but I'll keep my fingers crossed I get a good 'un !!

Any tips from seasoned Benelli riders re the first 600 miles gratefully received.

Dave H

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welcome to the forums Dave;)
Don't take it as easy as you might think when you first collect your bike. There is a thread somewhere on these forums that discusses that very thing (I'll see if I can find it):D Monkey sick yellow is a good way of describing that colour of yellow (not for me but you can't get the rs in the luverly green that the Tre has):lol

Keep us posted on how you find the bike and also have a look at getting one of these too while Laurence still has them.
carbon goodies

Al:p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiiiiidi -ho

Alright Dave

Congrats on the RS. Bought mine from Taz about 2-3 months ago. There are some common faults on Tornados but thankfully the later ones seem to be a bit better.

Having said that I've just had 2 fairing lowers, screen and indicator gear changed today!!!

The guys at Taz seem to be on the ball and Chez (warranty guy) is a genuine chap.

Seek wisdom in other people's experiences.....they're not all bad:lol

Check out Enginas page...full of useful stuff

Most of all enjoy the RS

Where are you from?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Hiiiiidi -ho

Thanks guys....have pm'd Laurence to see if he still can get hold of the tank protectors...they look the dogs danglers.

Am from Belper which most of you biker boys will know is just down the A6 from the infamous Matlock Bath.

Managed to find the thread on running in....interesting stuff...looks like I'll just thrap the spuds off it then !!

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:rollin Congrats and welcome Dave-Pearlescant Citrus is my way of describing the colour but that's probably due to my mates all asking when Rhubarb was coming to join the party!
I'm up to 950miles now and mi yellow RS is just great.
One thing when running in-the oil tends to go black really quick so a good idea to change it more than recommended service intervals.
Cheers, NJ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the Forum and congrats. on your new toy.

I've still got a few Tank Protectors left so your OK if you want one. I've pm'd you back with the details.

Hope it stays dry for you on Tuesday when you pick her up:D

Laurence

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Laurence...will definitley have a tank protector...have pm'd you with my contact details

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do I get comminsion then Laurence??
I think you will find that I mentioned them first|I :b

And anyway Niquem, Laurence is a Scot and you know what reputation we have for trying to get money from us:lol

Are you going to be about at the weekend Laurence? It's just that I'd like to give you some spondoolies as well for your carbon goodies;)

Al8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Al,

I'm afraid me and the wife are trawling round Double Glazing showrooms at the weekend, as we are going to replace the windows in our Lounge.

Next weekend I've got my bike booked into KJM for it's service so I'll be travelling down on Sunday and back up on the Monday.

I know that you'll be keen to get those bits fitted onto your bike, now that you're getting it back this weekend, but I would prefer to leave it until we have plenty of time, as I don't like rushing these things.
It would also probably be better if you ran it for a few days to make sure you are happy with it before we fit the bits.

Let me know how the trip back from KJM goes and we can hopefully tie up something within the next couple of weeks.

Laurence

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know that you'll be keen to get those bits fitted onto your bike, now that you're getting it back this weekend, but I would prefer to leave it until we have plenty of time, as I don't like rushing these things.
Laurence me ol' mucker, trust me. I am in no hurry whatsoever to get anything fitted to my bike:b All I want to do is ride the sock's off of it .... and then some;)

Just let me know when you are free buddy and honestly, I ain't in no hurry:D

Al8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts