Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
thread withdrawn

wasnt meant to be reveiled to the public, its meant to be kept real low key and I dont want to get "anyone" in trouble.
Sorry guys

·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So

the rarest is a Yellow RS, how embarassing, still they are all rarer than a red Desmosedici :)

A Red RS, only half as rare as a LE :p

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Wow thats really interesting... the things that stand out for me -

Johnny just bought #150. We thought that was the last one made... if there were 183 made, does that mean the last one was actually #180 and he is going to have to go hunting again? :rolling:

1130 is almost as rare as the LE... When the prices crash on those as I am sure they will, could be a good investment? Shame they keep breaking!

Less than a 1000 of even the most popular green / silver Tre - Like you say, even the most popular is a seriously rare bike in years to come and worth holding on to I reckon. Somewhat comforting given the current resale values!

Definitely worth a sticky.

·
340 Posts
Recieved from the good man at Benelli, Gianluca. as they say in the warner brothers cartoons, "thats all folks" as Tornado production has now ceased FOREVER, Long live the King!.

"Ciao Nathan,

How are you ? How's going down under ? Summer is coming, make the bike and the appareil ready to go !!!
Following you can find the number of Tornado made until now :

TOTAL:

TORNADO LIMITED 183 ( 3 bikes were made for the experience dept. to do all the tests before the production,
30 units were made for the U.S. market )

Nath
I think he wanted to say that out of the 150 LE, 30 were made for the US. If not than howcome nobody knows of any LE no. 151-180?
I also believe that are more than 925 green-silver bikes, can not say about the other combos but the numbers are ridiculously low.

·
1,231 Posts
Agree

I would agree as the factory told me that only 150 were produced and a few were experimented with prior to production run. 30 were sent to US since we are tightwads.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I would agree as the factory told me that only 150 were produced and a few were experimented with prior to production run. 30 were sent to US since we are tightwads.
Nath. Might be worth querying this point with Gianluca, as it seems to be out of synch with everybody's belief.

Cheers.

Ian

·
Registered
254 Posts
The USA got 17 EPA model LE's. #109 was brought in by Andrew(thief) and 16 by the official importer in 2003 plus 4(pretty sure) gray market. The bikes built for the USA all had plastic tanks for EPA and Carbon tanks as extra's. If these were "added" to the list of 150, why do they all have numbers under 150? I think Gianluca meant that 30 of the 150 were built for the USA. He's correct about the 3 pre-production bikes. Those weren't numbered.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Any chance we can get the TnT numbers?

ciao
Derek

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well I think that all the green/silver bikes should get placs made stating "xxx of 1000" (based on chasis number or something).

Should raise the resale value by at least a grand :)

Aarron

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
If only!!! Bought it new in March, but would be cool to have that plate. ;)
I've only just joined the Benelli crowd - bought mine in September. It was in very good, 'original' condition which being #99 resulted in me spending £1000 to have all the major recall mods done... :rolleyes:

Thankfully I had got in writing from the dealer that all this work had already been carried out and they have had to cough up the full amount! :ele: :ele:

Are you liking the Tornado then? Early days for me but so far I absolutely love it - well, everything apart from the tiny fuel tank...!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've only just joined the Benelli crowd - bought mine in September. It was in very good, 'original' condition which being #99 resulted in me spending £1000 to have all the major recall mods done... :rolleyes:

Thankfully I had got in writing from the dealer that all this work had already been carried out and they have had to cough up the full amount! :ele: :ele:

Are you liking the Tornado then? Early days for me but so far I absolutely love it - well, everything apart from the tiny fuel tank...!
I fell in love with them back on '02, and waited since then to be able to afford one, mainly due insurance costs (no garage at the time)! It hasn't disappointed one bit. Handles as well as anything Japan can offer despite being 6 years 'behind' design wise, and more than enough power for me. Found the same with the tank, but I think there's a bit more in there than I get to (refuelling when the light comes on I've never got more than 14 litres in, means about another 3 should be left I believe)

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
... Found the same with the tank, but I think there's a bit more in there than I get to (refuelling when the light comes on I've never got more than 14 litres in, means about another 3 should be left I believe)
That's handy to know - though it always makes me nervous pootling around with the Fuel light on. Takes the fun out of riding somewhat!!

I first saw a Tornado about five years ago - a green and silver streak flashed passed me somewhere in Wales. The vivid memory of those yellow fans stayed with me... And now I own one :D :D :D

·
Registered
864 Posts
Nathan, why is the number of Tornado's produced by the factory so highly confidential? It's not like you are leaking any information from the factory before launch?
It's only the number of the bikes produced!
If I wanted to find out how many of a particular model a car manufacturer had produced the info is easily captured.. what's so confidential about Benelli's produced :doh: :confused:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thats a bit strange, why so coy about numbers? Nice to know my green and silver tre is quite rare :) So there not being made anymore then? :confused:

·
5,934 Posts
Found the same with the tank, but I think there's a bit more in there than I get to (refuelling when the light comes on I've never got more than 14 litres in, means about another 3 should be left I believe)
You can definitely fit 18 litres in, if you run her dry. Believe me, I've done it (see pic in the link below)
My fuel gauge has gone completely loopy. Fill the tank, and the max bars you get is 5. The light comes on & I can still squeeze 80 km out of her.
I'm going to dice the sender unit, and put my own in, then calibrate the bars so that the 1st shows 2-4 litres, 2nd 4-6 ... 6-8.. 8-10.. 10-12 ..... 8th 16-18. That way I'll know what's happening - & I may even gain a 100 ml of tank space.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts