Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
As the weather was so good last last night me and a couple of mates went for a Blast for a few hours, however, as it was getting late when I got back so I simply tucked my bike into bed in the garage, so today when I've come to clean my bike not only have I found three horrible stone chips on the front of my bike and one on the Green side panel, but I've also got a Bloody Big Crack in my Screen ! :bawl:

So I need a little advice, firstly where's the best place to get a replacement Screen (And how much ?) and is there anything I can do about the stone chips ? :bow:

I'm not much of a hands on person with bikes, just the easy stuff, change bulbs, Polishing, Change bulbs, check oil, Change bulbs, etc :rolling: So any advice will be grateful. :bow:

best regards

Rob

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Hi Rob, screens are available from brabant motors in holland, clear or tinted their the same price at 165 euro's then theres the P+P :bawl:
give brian harris a ring at motogb on 0870 850 6525 and see what he can do them for.
Sorry to hear bout the handy work those darn chippings have done :mad: , as far as the paint work goes I waited till I had a few pot holes in my paintwork then got a local spray shop to touch them up for me, £80 for the lot.

if you find the screens cheaper please let me know.

Johnny :cool:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hi Rob.
I received my D/B dark tint screen from Eagle Screens a few days ago. It fits really well and looks the business. I've taken it for a ride, (in between the rainstorms :bawl: ), and it works well, too. I think it worked out about £75 including carriage from Australia to Cornwall, which will be about 1/2 the price of a standard one, at E165 + p&p. I'm waiting for a bit of sunshine so that I can take some pictures, and post them up. It won't be this side of the weekend, though, as I'm away to Mallory Park for the Festival of 1000 Bikes this weekend.
Watch this space.....,

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hi Rob.
I received my D/B dark tint screen from Eagle Screens a few days ago. It fits really well and looks the business. I've taken it for a ride, (in between the rainstorms :bawl: ), and it works well, too. I think it worked out about £75 including carriage from Australia to Cornwall, which will be about 1/2 the price of a standard one, at E165 + p&p. I'm waiting for a bit of sunshine so that I can take some pictures, and post them up. It won't be this side of the weekend, though, as I'm away to Mallory Park for the Festival of 1000 Bikes this weekend.
Watch this space.....,
Thanks for the update, looking forward to seeing the pictures. Btw, it appears not everyones gallery shows in the gallery section.. anyone any ideas?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Thanks for the update, looking forward to seeing the pictures. Btw, it appears not everyones gallery shows in the gallery section.. anyone any ideas?
Yes, i've spotted that :doh: .
There is a search box, but when you type a name in, there is no search BUTTON :mad: :confused: . What is going on?? Webmaster help please :bow:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
If you prefer clear screens, Eagle screens can do whatever you like, now they have the pattern. Standard, DB, DB 'touring flip', (which is what I've got); any of those in clear, or any colours. They won't be the same as O.E., though. The factory ones have a nice rolled finish around the top edge, and a shaded lower area to hide the untidy bits - you pays your money and takes your choice ... spoilt for choice, really :confused: .
It's worth checking them out :clap:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
If I recall correctly I priced the db touring flip from Eagle Screens at £70-ish incl postage. Very reasonable price, about 1/2 of the factory DB. As said above you get what you pay for....

·
3,085 Posts
Yep

I'll get some photos this weekend of my RS with the Eagle Screens DB with the flip top edge in dark black tint, it works a treat, looks the biz and being so dark you cant see though to the back of th instrument cluster at the bottom part of the screen where the stock RS/Tornado screen has the painted backing :)

·
5,929 Posts
..and is there anything I can do about the stone chips ?
Ventureshield do kits for the Tornado which would have protected the front of the bike.
It doesn't come with a section for the underneath of the bottom panels though. As I'm not shy in taking Nell on gravel roads (she was barely 2 hours old when she experienced her first), most of the paint facing the road had been chipped off over the years. I've now had these resprayed, and before I fit them, I'll be covering them with ventureshield. I had to design the sheets myself, and get ozicozi in Sydney to cut them out. They cost me $61 all up. Once I fit them, and confirm they are a good fit, I can send you the file if you like.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Screens

:hiya: Eagle screens have sent me the details with photo's etc,( I was going to post them up but can't figure out how to reduce the file size to post them :doh: ) and they start from (as rightly pointed out) about £70 inc shipping, they list four options, Standard, DB, Extended DB and Touring, I notice they even shade the bottom part in if you want it so the Instuments aren't seen. If anyone has any photo's of the Tornado with anything other than the standard screen fitted, e.g DB, Extended etc, please e.mail them to me so I can see what they look like fitted. :bow:

I'll check the Venturshield out too, so thanks for that. :bow:

I do like the look of the one fitted to Laurences bike, and I'm still not convinced about a darker screen yet ! :doh:

Again, thanks to everyone who's passed advice, it's much appreciated :clap:

best regards,

Rob :cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I have now uploaded 4 pics of my Tornado with the Eagle Screen dark tint, DB Touring Flip screen into my album. The pics are not brilliant, as the weather is so dull, but will hopefully give an idea. It is nicely finished, including around the top edge. They just don't have the thick rolled edge of the O.E. screen, but that is normal with all aftermarket screens, I think.
I didn't know that they offer the option of shading the lower part on a clear screen, which is an excellent idea.
The files are too big to attach to this posting, so you will have to check them out in my album.
Hope this helps.
Ian

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Screen

I didn't know that they offer the option of shading the lower part on a clear screen, which is an excellent idea.
Ian
Hi Ian,
The photo's look fine and give me an idea what it looks like so thanks, I've added the photo's from Eagle Screens to my Album if you wanna take a look including a drawing/Sketch showing the options.:bow:

many thanks

Rob :cool:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Ian thanks for sharing :bow:

I managed to view pics by looking at recently added pics link, but still cant find your gallery from the members gallery page - webmaster any ideas??

Anyway, looks good. I hope you are happy with it. Personally for me I would prefer a screen a little less 'bulbous' if that makes sense?
I have the Benelli DB on my bike which kind of sweeps up to a DB in the middle of the screen whilst still being quite low on the outsides near the mirrors if you know what I mean...
I would like to go for a dark screen and will seriously consider the Eagle screen but not the touring version maybe just the std DB.

It seems that although dark, you can still see through it a lot?

Anyway, thanks again for taking the effort to share, very helpful! :clap:

Neil

·
Registered
864 Posts
:cool:
Hi Ian,
The photo's look fine and give me an idea what it looks like so thanks, I've added the photo's from Eagle Screens to my Album if you wanna take a look including a drawing/Sketch showing the options.:bow:

many thanks

Rob

Thanks for sharing Rob

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Ian thanks for sharing :bow:

I managed to view pics by looking at recently added pics link, but still cant find your gallery from the members gallery page - webmaster any ideas??

Exactly; as soon as other albums are added, mine will disappear off the bottom of the page, never to be seen again :rolling: . I can access it via the' manage your album' link, but I don't know how others can :confused: .

Anyway, looks good. I hope you are happy with it. Personally for me I would prefer a screen a little less 'bulbous' if that makes sense?
I have the Benelli DB on my bike which kind of sweeps up to a DB in the middle of the screen whilst still being quite low on the outsides near the mirrors if you know what I mean...

I'm happy with mine, but it is the largest option - smaller ones are available :D . Mind you, have you seen the size of the screens the endurance racers use? not to mention John McGuinness :bow: :clap: :bow: I am not worthy etc

I would like to go for a dark screen and will seriously consider the Eagle screen but not the touring version maybe just the std DB.

It seems that although dark, you can still see through it a lot?

Yes, you can see through it OK

Anyway, thanks again for taking the effort to share, very helpful! :clap:

Neil
Hope this helps.

Cheers. Ian

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Eagle Screen

Well folks, I finally got my New Tinted Eagle Screen from Oz as recommended by fellow forum users :bow: So a Big thank you to you all :bow:

I've put them in my gallery if anyone wants to be Nosey :rolling:

http://www.benelliforum.com/gallery/robfm_01

Maybe someone can also tell me how to manage my gallery as it's doin' my head in trying to work out how to move pictures Or name the folders after I've already uploaded the pictures :doh:

Rob :clap:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts