Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally ready to be released, after 11 months of testing. No resets in all that time.

$100 crisp Aussie dollars, plus postage, will get you an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for your dash, which will prevent the trip meter and clock from resetting when the engine is started on a less than pristine battery.

The installation procedure is documented at http://www.mso.anu.edu.au/~ekowald/09_Electrical/01_Dash/Install/Procedure.html

Delivery will take several weeks from Australia, as they will be made to order.

(PM me, or send an email from the link above)

·
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nathan. I'll build it for you this week.

Kinda underwhelmed by the response though.
Obviously there aren't many owners that are annoyed by the trip meter resetting.:confused:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I don't need one Errol but feel free to send over a couple of crates of VB if you like:rolling:

Al (Now starting to plan my trip to Oz;))

·
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I don't need one Errol but feel free to send over a couple of crates of VB if you like:rolling:

Al (Now starting to plan my trip to Oz;))
Come over and get em yourself, mate. They're giving them away free to every Scot that walks through the door in June.

I think you get a complementary case as you cross customs, but I might be mistaken there. They might have been talking about the custom of picking up a 'case' at The Cross.

·
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there an easier way to fit the UPS?

Unfortunately no.

I checked the wiring loom today, and the only point the UPS could be connected without cutting the loom, is at the 4 pin regulator connector. Unfortunately, the UPS would have to supply the services (speed sensor, alternator field, brake lights, horn, alarm & fuel pump) as well, and it doesn't have the energy for all that. It'd be flat in seconds, so it's a no go.

If Benelli would sell me the 20 pin connectors for the Dash, that would be the logical place to put it, but I've tried. No way.

So, if you want to install a Dash UPS, you, or your friendly autoelectrician, will have to cut 2 wires in the dash loom.

There is one other way. Send me your dash, and I can retrofit the UPS to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts