Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It comes with sadness for me to write this today but I feel it maybe time I moved on from my little italian lady. As great as she has been things breaking and my bank balance struggling has stopped me in my tracks. I had nearly fixed my bike (the clutch return spring bit) but while fitting the parts back on managed to (my mistake) break the edge off the clutch actuator. On any occasion normally I think I would have sworn a little and swallowed my pride but this sort of strength and build quality has happened more times than I would like to remember in the past 9 months ownership. I am taking it to a benelli dealer to have everything repaired (£££) and shall sell her in my local papers. I am still sersiously thinking on this as I can honestly say this is the best bike to ride (when it works) that I've ever owned and while mines been apart I've been riding 2 brand new R1's - they have no where near the same 'wow' factor.

I possibly will buy another though once finances are a little better but Im not sure yet...

I really really dont want to sell her but I dont think I can afford any more bills - leason learnt get one with a warrenty!!

Dean :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been holding off on replying to this post as I was hoping that it wasn't true what you were saying Deano:( I can understand what you're saying though mate and I think that if you think it's just not worth it then you should really let go mate. On the other hand, if you really want to keep the bike you could always stump up the excess on your insurance policy when you realise that your bike has gone walkies and you have to make a claim and get a new one;) (nudge nudge)

Al:\

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey Big Al,
yeah cheers mate. Insurance thing as naughty as it is doesn't sound a bad idea and another fella I spoke to said the same thing. Problem is im 24 and insurance will cripple me Im sure even if I do have my N/C protected (will have to check). Its worth thinking. Hey Id have two bikes if they replaced it and I could use one for spares lol seriously only kiddin.

I am gonna try and get her fixed this weekend fingers crossed if the fella has the time. I'll use it all week for transport but will put her on ebay, bike trader and MCN. I'll probably get a 675 on finance in a month or so and chop that in for the 1130 Tre at XMas time. Not sure I could do about 6-7k on finance but not £9999 which is the asking price for one of them new.

To be honest I dont wanna be righting any of this, I on many occasion would be working etc and be thinking of what I wanted to fit on the Tre next, how many miles id clock up or what else I could do to it (yeah I know Im a little strange). But I think that maybe I just ride the bike a little harder than I should. Im quite good mechanically but not on the same level as Johnny O, Engenia, VTXBrit etc and I end up getting the hump cos I cant fix it myself.

Anyways enough rambling as I always do!!

Laters

Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you can get her fixed Dean then why don't you hold on to her? You never know, that may be your last repair for a very long time;) I have a feeling that you've made up your mind Dean and I take it you'd be leaving these forums if you did sell her .... which would be a great loss to everyone here
:(

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you sure

Sorry to hear that your considering letting it go Dean but I'm sort of getting the impression that your regretting it before you even do.

If you have had enough, then so be it, but a 675 will just not be the same and you'll also take a hit on this when you come to get rid of it, if you do decide to go for a new Benelli at Xmas.

Think long and hard mate, we would all hate to lose you to a Triumph forum;) (even if it is just until Xmas)

Laurence

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Are you sure

Dean, listen to the wise words of Lawrence and Al, they speak the gospel. I know what I'd be doing.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HA ha ha

man what you guys like...especially you Al - man you make me laugh!! If I ever decide to visit scotland I'll be sure to meet up!

Im gonna try and work something out. I've made a few calls today to try and get the parts needed and get it fixed and Im gonna get a loan or somethin to try pay off some of these naughty bills that have been creaping upwards!!

I just watched a few vids of the Benelli, looked at some pics on my computer and thought Id check this site and it just puts such a smile on my face everytime...seriously I cant let her go (I wont tell the wife) Im gonna try and work somethin here. In a year from now when I've got 20,000 miles on the clock I'll look back at this day and smile :rollin

Just read the article on this forum with the boss himself (Rolland) and Johnny O etc about the Tre 1130 and MV - give it a year and Im gonna part ex myself one of them 1130's. I like the MV but its a 4 pot and it just dont well ya know do it for me :p

Cheers guys

Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: HA ha ha

Awesome! Good for you Dean, glad you have "seen the light". We would have missed you in here. Hey, if you want another big smile, did you check out the boots I posted on the "Jack Down Kit" thread? It'll make your day.
cheers -
mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Yahooooooo!!!!

Nice one Dean bob;)

I'm glad you have seen the light because I thought I was going to have to pop this through your letter box ....

love letter

On a more serious note Dean (and I don't get serious that often) If you really feel the need to let the bike go then do it. It's only a lump of metal at the end of the day (a good looking one at that) and if & when you decide to go for the 1130 then give me a shout and we'll buy one together;)

And just for the record .... you're more than welcome to crash at my pad if you ever decide to come oop north ya big southern softie:rollin :b

Al:smokin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Al, you're cracking me up! :rollin
You must've watched one too many crime movies ;)
mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Dean.

If you really wanna sell her and are in need of another bike then you can use my gsxr6 (99 model) until you get another replacement. I know you'll look after her so I have no problem with 'lending' you my baby until you get yourself sorted.

Genuine offer mate with no strings attatched:D

Al:smokin

Just a mate looking out for another mate ... that's all:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Dude thats such an offer but Im cool. Gonna get this little red beauty back on the road. Its at my father in laws at the mo but had a little sneak a few hours ago. I cant leave her theres an attachment...no more than that its like a bond :b

I'm gonna get her fixed and rag the pants off her for being so naughty at the nurburgring in a month or so. My Uncle went france the other week (VTXBrit) and goin by his posts it sounded like a right hoot so might have some of that as our summer starts to drop off.

Already planning a winter 'wish' list of things that I either want or will be getting - man what was I thinking, Al she aint no metal your talking jap...err i mean crap shes italian:)

One step at a time though would like to just ride the bike for now! Anyone in the Essex area who has a mechanical mind and doesnt mind working for beer please give me a call or email!!

Dean100yz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts