Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya to any 1 whos still awake at daft o'clock,av been lookin at forum 4 a few weeks now as i was sussing out if i should sell my vfr 800 and get a tornado. Anyway long story short i've kept the vfr 4 touring,then thought sod it u only live once so ended up buying an 07 plate tornado.Then after avin a look on your forum again i started readin about these mods on clutch baskets etc,so after a few phone calls it sounds like this 1 got through the net.Next job is 2 get it booked in 4 mods under warranty,has anybody else got an 07 plate which has'nt had mods? Ta

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Got mine in 06 nothing had been done either.Done over 10 thousand miles before i had anything done to it. All depends on were you live in the uk. the best is russ at Bennetts of Barnsley.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Got mine in 06 nothing had been done either.Done over 10 thousand miles before i had anything done to it. All depends on were you live in the uk. the best is russ at Bennetts of Barnsley.
Totally agree, the personal service is well worth a journey!
Also you will have remainder of the 2yr warranty, so a good time to get the factory to pay for ALL the mods that should've been done on bikes sold 2006 onwards.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tornado tre 07 plate mods

Thank u both 4 advice,i rang bennetts who were more than helpful.The guy i spoke 2 said russ would be on holiday until the 2nd,so gonna ring back then and get it booked in.this should work out ok as i don't live 2 far away in huddersfield,the only thing i've got 2 learn now is how 2 type faster wi 1 finger and how 2 put these smiley pics on.Then i might be able 2 talk 2 u guys abit better,thanks again 4 advice.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Congrats :D
Huddersfield :rolling: I travel from Wirral (90 mile) and consider it worth my while, coffee's ok ;)
Seriously tho' Russ keep a digi-photo record of his services showing what's been done etc. Owners get a copy on CD, def peace of mind :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tornado tre 07 plate mods

Wow coffee must be good! :rolling:

sounds like they no what theyre doin.

By the way, had the suspension lowered by 15mm (im a short ass!) but could still do wi another 10mm??????? Anyone got any ideas? Its already nearly upright on side stand tho!!! :confused:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
.....could still do wi another 10mm??????? Anyone got any ideas?
you could get a result in the many spam emails offering manhood extensions :rolling:

Its already nearly upright on side stand tho!!! :confused:
Shouldn't be a problem, the stand could be shortened by an engineering workshop. That woulld allow the bike to lean over again.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Didnt Madison have this same problem with her Tornado and had the stand modified by some company in Hull(they did suspension alteration as well) .

Good to see another guy going to Bennetts very soon their going to need a bigger showroom for all us lot who come round and drink their coffee :rolleyes: . Hope to see you in September as i'm only about 30 mins away from you and your more than welcome to come to the gathering :) .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wot date and where abouts is gathering,cos i'm hoping 2 go on holiday sometime in sept.hope it's not same time :bawl:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
regardin side stand should i go 50/50 or phone a freind?:doh:
dont mistake my message as an alternative to Errol. If Errol has a solution then his is the one to go for, has worked for me everytime :)
[apart from that he only has little legs and would def know this problem ;) ]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts