Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !
First, I am French, so excuse me for my english ! :bow:
I have some questions for Benelli Tornado 1130.

Actually, I have a Cafe Racer 1130 2007 with 10.000 kms ... I would like to change it for a Tornado 1130 2008 and I search infos on this model ... it's very difficult on the web !!

First, are there know issues (engine or ohter) with the Tornado 1130 ? I know that the first model have engine hot start problem but with the new motor map, it seems to be resolved ...
Is there a difference between the 2007 model and 2008 model ?
Finaly, I look for notices on the Tornardo 1130 owners .... :)

Thanks.
Fabrice.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Welcome to the 3rd bloody french on this nelli forum. It seems I was accepted here, but too many could be dangerous, no? :D You'll find some expert here, if I give good advices in french, it would only be because of Lawrence, Colin, Lloyd and so on..cause I can translate!

>First, are there know issues (engine or ohter) with the Tornado 1130 ? I >know that the first model have engine hot start problem but with the >new motor map, it seems to be resolved ...

no registered problem as such, but I know at leat 2 tornado with a leak issue on the gearbox side. Some forced joints to be changed. I have got mine at the garage to check this is indeed the issue. Otherwise, except the fact my engine does not run at the moment, all is fine :p

>Is there a difference between the 2007 model and 2008 model ?
>Finaly, I look for notices on the Tornardo 1130 owners .... :)

well, no idea!

Mais je sais Fabrice, c'est pas facile de trouver des infos sur la 1130 de toute maniere. T'es dans quel coin? Je connais 1 owner francais si tu veux causer avec lui, balance moi un MP :cool:

Ta.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hey Marco, I didn't know you were French!!!! but I always wondered why you spoke like that Policeman on Allo Allo. :rolling:
............I was just pissing this way and thort i wad replee :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey Marco, I didn't know you were French!!!! but I always wondered why you spoke like that Policeman on Allo Allo. :rolling:
............I was just pissing this way and thort i wad replee :D
Ahh Monsinour White !! The fallen madona with the big boobies !!! :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
271 Posts
do I rea-lly vvrite like zthat :

'God Moaning. The resist-once have accqo-aired a bum. They are going to ex-plod the whaleway brodge'

:bawl:

;)

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
That's the first time I've actually understood what you've been typing Marco, keep it up matey :rolling:

·
VIN#ten
136 Posts
Hmm, back to the original question, gents :eek:

Tornado 1130 since June, 2007. 10k by Oct.

Problems:
- Cosmetic oil leak from clutch axel gasket (will wait for factory repair kit, because it seems to be pretty common, at least up here).
- Turn indicator switch is sloppy (warranty replacement switch solved it).
- Running too rich initially, so it was adjusted, now running 'smooth' (benelli-style) from 2.5 to 10krpm. Adjustment resolved original stalling and hick-ups completely.

Minor annoyances:
- Suspension too stiff as delivered. I adjusted springs and dampers to weight, and I am pretty happy about the present settings (see elsewhere in the forum).
- Turning radius is huge.
- Speedo too optimistic.

That's all the 'problems' so far. This forum and local (Finnish) fellow Benelli owners are a treasure in helping to sort out issues.

Mods:
- Replaced rear tyre with narrower and taller profile (180/55) Michelin Sport ct2. Better for stability, but too narrow for a proper grip in acceleration :D
- High beam too narrow, switched to Xenon (a lifesaver during the Fall).

·
Registered
271 Posts
Problems:
- Cosmetic oil leak from clutch axel gasket (will wait for factory repair kit, because it seems to be pretty common, at least up here).

That's what my bike has got, I think. My mate in France had it as well.

... the nelli is still at red dog for 3 weeks :bawl:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First problem ...

Hi !

I become with my tornado and my first little problem ...
After only 2300 km and 2 track runs, I have a problem with my clutch ... I don't know if it is the problem describes by Bene Borealis (Cosmetic oil leak from clutch axel gasket) but each time I use the clutch lever, it's seem the slipper clutch working (when I take up or down gear !).

Do you have an idea ???

Thanks a lot !

Fabrice.

·
5,934 Posts
On the 900, when the slipper clutch operates, you can feel it in the clutch lever. It can happen up or down changing. It does confuse the uninitiated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you for your answer ! :)
But my feeling on the lever has changed for 500 kms only ... Even my mechanics where I bought the bike find is not normal but doesn't know what's happen ... Not result with Benelli calls in France :(
I read yours advices on your site (Engenia's Tornado 900 Tre) and do you know if Tornado 1130 have slipper adjustement ? It will be a solution for my problem ?
Thks ! :clap:
Fabrice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Some news from my problem ...
I have noticed since sunday that there is an oil leak from my dry clutch basket ... Today, after a little run (100 kms), the issue seems to grow up ! It's seem arrive only when I run : oil projection on can, clutch protection, etc ... but, no oil under the bike when stopped ...
Do you have an idea ???
Thanks,
Fabrice.

·
91 Posts
Oil Leak from Clutch

Hello Kalen31!

Not sure how similar the dry clutch is on a 1130 to an LE, but I had to change the oil seal behind the clutch basket as after each run there was an oil haze on the cover and a small residue of oil beside the sight glass.:(

Also the oil appeared to have rotted the clutch basket cush rubbers and so they needed replacing at the same time.

Since changed about 2k miles ago no further problems!:clap:

·
903 Posts
Hi Kalen31 and welcome to the forum. The oil leak you have appears to be a problem on the 1130 tornado as a number of these have been reported. The problem is usually sorted by replacing the seal which should be done under warrenty.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts