Benelli Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the fuel tank and the exhaust muffler the same, or different between the Benelli Tornado STD models and the Benelli Tre LE (limited)?...

thanks for any replys

:)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Doug,

I'm not sure about the exhaust but the shape of the tanks are exactly the same, although I don't know if the LE's is made from carbon fibre.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The LE comes with two tanks, one just like the standard Tre, and a carbon fiber one that's not street legal.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LE tank

LE comes with carbon tank and this is slightly larger (the part under the seat goes deeper than the standard one).

My carbon tank is street legal, why shoudn't be?

The muffler is Titanium and the fixing is different since the back pegs are missing.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LE

I checked my LE tank against my biposto. The size of the tank you see is exactly the same size as the tank on the standard. There is a small difference in the piece which extends underneath the seat. I am guessing it is because of the different single seat unit. I believe what was being said before was meant to be....it comes with two exhausts, one which is street legal and comes on the bike and the spare racing exhaust. I will check these tonight and get back to you. I don't think the LE can will fit the standard tre though.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: LE

I was about to purchase an LE here in the US a couple of years ago, brand-new, and it came with 2 tanks. Carbon fiber tanks are not street-legal in the US. It also came with 2 exhausts, one street-legal and one not, and a set of different sized sprockets.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting

That is good to know as I plan on bringing my LE back to the states...I doubt that anyone in the recieving areas of a dock would know the carbon fibre tank from teh metal one but it is good info to know. What #Le are you loking at buying? Mine is 131.
John

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Interesting

I was going to be getting #69 in honor of Nicky. But I canned the whole idea when I was told I would have to have it serviced in Pennsylvania and would have no warranty. I live in California. So I ended up getting the standard Tre through GP Star in LA, much safer way to go (and just over half the cost of the LE).

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good Call

Good idea and Elias is a great guy. I get the feeling that he takes care of his clients. Did you get the hydralic clutch option from him as well? Any extra goodies? post a pic when you get a chance.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Good Call

Yep, I've known Elias for several years, met him at the track when racing with AFM. Definitely a good guy. I did get the Evoluzione hydraulic clutch upgrade, along with some fancy levers, and the carbon fiber kit with front/rear fenders, chain guard, and oil line guard. I got to enjoy the Tre for only 4 months before I broke my leg (luckily on a different bike!) so I am quite anxious to get back on it. I'll get some pics up shortly....

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
price

Just out of morbid curiosity....what was the breakdown on price for all those goodies???

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: price

It was morbidly pricey :eek
The clutch upgrade was $500 including labor (that was done before delivery of the bike to me).
The fancy Evoluzione levers (which I'm not sure I like) were $165.
The Benelli factory CF kit was $700 including shipping.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
email

Shoot me an email at [email protected]. I would like to talk with you about a few things as I will be due to come back to the states in a couple years.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: email

Sorry it took so long, I haven't been on the forum in several days.... just sent you an email!
Hmm, it bounced, so is it "johnharbour" instead of "johharbour"?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yep

Call me Dougie....cant spell my own name. Or is that nam?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts