Benelli Forum banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have to order a couple more parts before I can put it back together I discovered a tooth missing on the:
R19113201A Gear Z 17/67.
Any advice on which bolts have to be glued in ? Or specific torque !?
Cheers guys. Sammy

·
6,096 Posts
If you have to replace that gear, consider changing to the upgraded one used by the 1130s. It gears the starter motor lower so that it spins faster for the same crank speed. It reduces the power drawn by the starter and hence current, which means lower voltage drop on the supply cables. Ask Alex about it. Pretty sure he'll advise you go that way.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Alex is who
If you have to replace that gear, consider changing to the upgraded one used by the 1130s. It gears the starter motor lower so that it spins faster for the same crank speed. It reduces the power drawn by the starter and hence current, which means lower voltage drop on the supply cables. Ask Alex about it. Pretty sure he'll advise you go that way.
Who is Alex ?

·
Super Moderator
7,860 Posts
That means I am already getting the new part according to the part number correct?
Errrm, well, kind of!!!

The original Benelli satellite gear Z67/19 was upgraded by Benelli to Z67/17 a few years back and this is what I believe Alex will be supplying.
However, Alex also commissioned a batch last year that was made in Germany with an extra hard coating and was milled rather than cast. I guess there are none of these leftover from the batch that was made and that is why he is saying you will have to use the Z67/17 version.

Reactions: millgolfhouse

·
6,096 Posts
You DO need the T60 gear to work with the Z67/17. The original was 58 was it not? I can't remember, but it stands to reason that if the gear driving the sprag clutch gets smaller, the driven gear must get larger. My link above has the part numbers for the gears required for the upgrade, as specified by JohnnyO in 2006.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You DO need the T60 gear to work with the Z67/17. The original was 58 was it not? I can't remember, but it stands to reason that if the gear driving the sprag clutch gets smaller, the driven gear must get larger. My link above has the part numbers for the gears required for the upgrade, as specified by JohnnyO in 2006.
My TNT is 2010 so its ok it had already the newer z67 and I ordered of the correct catalogue which is 2010 !

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
hahaha, well, while disassembling discovered exactly the same on mine :)thanks god the missing tooth where aligned with that small window,otherwise i was going to change only the starter clutch and leave that one broken inside the bike!!
White Light Product Automotive tire Reflex camera

41 - 60 of 79 Posts