Benelli Forum banner
101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Hi It may be oil from the alternator O’ring migrating south Lol…
Or it could simply be the o’ring on the water pump exterior casing around the shaft and between the engine. No need to drain anything just unbolt the pump fixing bolts and slide off ..

·
6,135 Posts
There's two seals in the water pump. On the engine side there's an oil seal, on the pump side there is a water seal. If you have oil coming out of the pump drain hole, the oil seal is stuffed.
When my pump decided it needed its second rebuild, I replaced it with an electric water pump. No seals to wear out due to magnetic drive.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah that was the case I just drained everything and put everything back. I used some silicone gasket until I get the new o ring. I let you know how good my gasket holds up but I think this stuff I bought is killer meaning really good 😂. Thanks lads goodnight.

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
6,135 Posts
...I used a de-burring tool around the mounting aperture to give a larger chamfer, lets the alt go in much easier.
An o-ring should always have some degree of stretch to hold it firmly, in this case, to the inside of the groove. Trouble is, the o-ring in question will grow slightly in use, and will no longer fit snugly once released. I haven't tried it, but I reckon that if you plug the details of a new o-ring, its groove and orifice into an o-ring calculator, you'll find it's barely up to the task.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
mmmm, no need to purchase something specific, you can go to any generic o-ring deparment of any hardware store and use something very very similar in size and compound...

i think no less than 15 (most of them in the cluch) of my benelli o-rings where replaced by generic ones, no issues, no leaks, all ok

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
well keep buying Motalia and Maniacs, we need these guys :)

I just purchase all orings locally because we have very good business house here dedicated only to orings and seals...for any size, you need to choose between multiple vendors, quality and compounds, you can have a very cheap one, or a very refined, pourpose build oring... they have different colors too!! :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes but without driving there and see which one will fit because the old one is in pieces I would not know what to order either, that's why I rather order the correct one and have no problems.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Yes but without driving there and see which one will fit because the old one is in pieces I would not know what to order either, that's why I rather order the correct one and have no problems.
take the generator out, go the the hardware house, put it on the table, say "hey, i need an oring for this" and they will do the rest :) that is what is called "an expert".

101 - 120 of 121 Posts