Benelli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KJM is advertising Tornados for 5999.00!! Marcus ZZR needs to check into his deal now!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But is that price that they advertised an OTR price? It seemed ti jump up a bit when marcus made his enquiries:eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're right Al - we probably have to pay for the privelige of the colour!
To be honest I'm a bit pi55ed off with KJM - I have just seen their advert and they are advertising at £5999 + add ons.
Less than 1 week ago they told me that prices were going up to £7999 + and so I should buy one now.
Surely every business will be made aware of price increase and decrease so they can adjust stock accordingly - It seems to me that KJM were trying to [email protected] me over for an extra K. A good sales team might have informed me of the price decrease, so they would then gain my trust, and I would use them for servicing, parts etc. and I might buy from them again in the future. Sometimes short term gain can equal long term loss.
I'll ring them up later and see what they say.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be giving KJM a call later on as well marcus to see how my bike is fairing up with them. I'm hoping that I won't be shocked when I hear how much it's going to cost me:\

Let us all know what they say when you enquire about the price. I'm really interested to hear what they have to say about that;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MMmmmm - just phoned KJM who were as suprised as me to see the new advert for £5999+.
They are going to phone me back with more details and see if there is any extras for different colours.
Didn't someone on this forum pick one up from 3 Cross for £5799?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure

Im not sure if that was OTR price but I would gamble to say that I wouldn't believe it is. I would bet the same 350ish for OTR and 400 premium for green and silver. Otherwise, same bike, same dealer, and better deal. Was hopin marcus would convert over to the dark side and join us on the masterpieces but a bad experience at a dealership can sour anyones opinion and influence a purchase. So sad that KJM doesn't see this.

PS how do we post an image on a string? I thought I might slam a pic of the harley and Benelli together...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check this out!!

I just looked at the KJM advertisement and it surely says 5999.00 plus OTR charges (in very small print) Now for the good news. If you look closely, the picture is of an LE and not the standard biposto. This means they have two choices, sell you an LE for 5999.00 or you, my freind, can take them to court for false advertising!! Just an idea...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: KJM

I'm sure there's gotta be some small print inthere somewhere to stop this !!!
Alec from KJM has just phoned back - its £5999 + £350 OTR but there is NO premium for Green/Silver.
I have been told by a guy on another forum that as now Benelli have been bought by the chinese, all manufacturing will be done in China with only final assemble being done in Italy. This will dramatically reduce the manufacturing cost for Benelli and he expects the prices to drop. He told me this last week and, Voila, the prices have dropped.
This price drop should have a knock on effect on the secondhand market - Its an interesting time!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: KJM

I don't think the news that Benelli will be producing in China is true. I spoke with their MD recently at the Indy show and she said that Benelli will continue to be produced in Pesaro. It will remain a niche product for them and they will leave most manufacturing concerns as they are in the hands of capable Italians on staff at this time. Besides part of the requirements of the sale to them was to retain manufacturing in Italy. This what I understood as having took place during negotiations.

If I remember correctly, the union of Merloni workers were on strike or something in sympathy for the Benelli workers when word that production might be relocated to China.

With lack of more info, this is what I understand as being the state of things as I know it. :)

Add: The price drop is most likely the result of the new bikes using the 1130 powerplant being launched. Many older bikes were made and many are sitting in warehouses all over. Therefore the price drops.

Aprilia does this all the time. So does Ducati. Here in the US you can still get 2003 RSVRs new in the crate for a substantial discount. Anyone remember the grey market 999's floating around the world last year?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Chinese Way

Thanks for joining in with your input benelliforum. Obviously, as I said, I have received this information secondhand from someone who tells me his company have the import business from China, and I have had no reason not to believe him.
I do not want to mislead anybody on this forum - I'm just sharing information with other interested parties.
However, I would imagine as the chinese have the lowest manufacturing costs and some of the highest quality manufacturing standards, it would make sense to manufacture component parts in China and assemble the completed bike in Pesaro. This could only be good business for Benelli which would cascade down to better value for Benelli customers. I work for a Japanese company myself, and we have 3 manufacturing plants in China. We only work to the highest quality standard for our customers (0 ppm defects!), so as far as I can see, giving any manufacturing of the product to the chinese should be a good thing.
Saying that, I am not in the position to rub shoulders with those in the know (unlike your good self), so what i have just written might be a load of old tosh :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: The Chinese Way

I reckon that you both have a point in what you have said:D It would make financial sense to have the Benelli produced in China but that would 'devalue' if you like from the overall 'aura' that this bike has. That being that it is in the 'elite' class of ownership as we all know that it has. If they were as common as the gixxer would we all want one? It's a fine balance that they have to reach so let's hope that they do this with a little bit of compassion rather than how fast it fills their wallets (Although I couldn't blame them from choosing the latter):p

Jeez, I'm drunk:rollin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: The Chinese Way

Hi All,

As Elias is personal friends with the principals at KJM, that 5999 bike is a lost leader and refers to only one bike. It is in no way a reflection of the Benelli price in the Euro market.

Just FYI,

Joel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
£5999

Joel - they told me that this price would be for any colour Tornado - which implies more than 1 bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: £5999

It's possible that they are only letting one bike go at that price with the color choice being left up to the buyer.

Joel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What I Know

Having taken a ride up to KJM this is what the deal is, The bike is £5999.00 plus £350 OTR for any colour On the TRE, The Picture of the LE is a genuine mistake Done by the People who did the advert, I suppose to anyone but us Train Spotters one green and silver Benelli looks like any other. There is more than one at that price (wouldnt say how many) and its to make room for the New 1130 Due in May!!!! Had a nice ride out (bit chilly despite the sun) and free coffee. as for the China angle, the bikes are still manufactured in Italy the only thing the Chinese are doing is providing investment and Engineering (apparently 2000 of them) expertise which should help with reliability and finish quality, Apparently having a Grand old name like Benelli is a real feather in the cap for them, lets hope the future is bright, the future is Green & Silver.8o

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: What I Know

hehe..
i don't really care if components are made in China. I suspect that if you take apart many of the Japanese bikes you'll find much of the components are made in China.

I'll take a Green and Silver 1130 thank-you!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
NEW Tre £5995 New RS £6995

These are at TAZ in Peterborough

Both prices ARE on the road.

Dunno what they're back up is like but I bought my RSV from them and had a few problems...but I dunno whether that was down to Aprilia or Taz.

A grand cheaper than anywhere else (for the RS anyways)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NEW Tre £5995 New RS £6995

These are at TAZ in Peterborough

Both prices ARE on the road. All UK bikes sold by an official dealer

Dunno what they're back up is like but I bought my RSV from them and had a few problems but most got resolved...I dunno whether the stalling was down to Aprilia or Taz. Bit of both I would have thought.

A grand cheaper than anywhere else (for the RS anyways) gotta be worth a look.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts