Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd start a thread for those of us contemplating the ridiculous idea of a two up summer bike trip to France Spain or Portugal on a Tornado. Currently got '03 standard but lowered Tre.:ele: Interested in any mods people may have done to make the whole experience enjoyable! I'm adapting a rack and will post pics, exhaust changing to the "marmite" zx10 route to avoid melted panniers, wondered about a scott oiler and heated grips? what about double bubble, extra lights in case it gets dark or change to HID. The only pics I can see are Engenias bike looking like its going a distance, there must be more? Should I go to the dark side and change to a Tre K......

· Registered
92 Posts
Well, I'll be going to France for a 4 day trip in June. Not two up tho. I'll be riding my 05 tre le. So far I've done around 60 miles since I got her. I've been "tweaking" her. Just waiting on my quick release fuel connector. All I'm taking is a backpack with tyre repair kit, a few tools and a few essentials.

· Registered
5,660 Posts
I took to Scotland on a 3 day trip.
AA card.
3 pairs of pants.
3 socks.
3 cheap long sleeved polo shirts.
Jeans.
Trainers.
Tooth brush...for cleaning Trudy.;)
Condom...stops water getting down the pipe. Remember to take it off!:rolleyes:
;););)
Waist of time taking the jeans, trainers and the Johnnys, as it was kept under cover and all I did was ride everywhere.:doh:

You'll be surprised at how much crap you took and never used.
:(

· I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,220 Posts
All I'm taking is a backpack with tyre repair kit, a few tools and a few essentials.
What - like a spare clutch basket? :rolling:

Seriously though - have a great time! I did five days down the West coast of France with a mate and it was fabulous. The roads are so much better than in SE England.

I must find some footage to post up...

· Registered
92 Posts
What - like a spare clutch basket? :rolling:

Seriously though - have a great time! I did five days down the West coast of France with a mate and it was fabulous. The roads are so much better than in SE England.

I must find some footage to post up...
Haha yeah maybe, and my AA card. It's my first trip abroad on a bike, could take my tune ecu and phone app. My mates taking his vfr800 with panniers so I'll chuck my gear in his 😀 can't Wait To go.

1,220 Posts
Haha yeah maybe, and my AA card. It's my first trip abroad on a bike, could take my tune ecu and phone app. My mates taking his vfr800 with panniers so I'll chuck my gear in his  can't Wait To go.

Sounds great.

Here's some footage from our trip - taken by my mate Andy with his very Allan Partridge-esque voiceover. There's not much sign of me on the Tornado as Andy had the sat-nav and was leading most of the way...

[video=youtube;rq8Pt__ctOw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq8Pt__ctOw[/video]

· Registered
92 Posts
Sounds great.

Here's some footage from our trip - taken by my mate Andy with his very Allan Partridge-esque voiceover. There's not much sign of me on the Tornado as Andy had the sat-nav and was leading most of the way...

[video=youtube;rq8Pt__ctOw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq8Pt__ctOw[/video]
Nice video, I saw the benelli in the mirrors. I'll be taking my action camera so I'll post you some footage.

· Registered
5,660 Posts
Enginia, fancy gloves for when it goes below 12 degrees, thats nearly the middle of summer over here, i wait till it goes under 2 before i put my thicker gloves on. :)

Get that Erro. Real men over here!
:clap:

(don't tell him I've heated grips):eek:

1,220 Posts
Very tidy. My coil sticks looked just like that :) Was yours running ok? Mine was coughing and spluttering and running on two cylinders before I replaced the sticks and fitted new injectors. Then it ran sweet as a nut...

· Registered
2,240 Posts
done scotland wales and northern ireland on the tornado, just a set of throw-overs and away you go. Surprisingly comfy actually:D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.