Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many people have done track days and what the noise test came out at on your bikes and with what can? I am looking to get some track instruction from my IAM observer (who also happens to be a racer!) and worried about the noise test. I don't think the race can on the LE is that noisy, but would not want to take a chance if others have been kicked off. Tracks I am looking at are Mallory, Silverstone, Donnington and Rockingham.

Cheers

Col

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Col. My Tre with standard can measured 105db at Castle Combe, where the limit is 105db. Silverstone don't test routinely in my limited experience there, but threaten to pull bikes off the track and test them if they sound too loud. Their limit is 105db, and I don't think you would have any problem there.

Dunno about the others:) !

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
13 Posts
... mmm .... interesting.

I took my standard 900 Tre to Castle Combe 2 weeks ago and it measured 107db (at 9,000 revs) and was told I wouldn't be able to take it on the track :bawl: :bawl: (see my separate thread under the Tornado Tre forum, Help - My Tornado is too loud !).

I have previously done a track day at Rockingham (albeit a while back) and they didn't measure the bikes at all :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm gonna need the baffles in my remus then.....take it 101 was ok?

Now where can I get baffles from....wouldn't mind a piccie if anyone has their baffles removed - might help me make some or buy some that can be made to fit...or....no more trackdays i fear:mad:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Colin - I've done Cadwell with my 1130 with a standard can but the baffles out - 105db at 5,00rpm

Some tracks measure the db at scrutineering and work off a chart with no cylinders and capacity to set a rpm at which they measure. so put the baffles in for the 1 off measure then take them out for the track! So I would guess a 900 would be measured at a slightly higher rpm then an 1130.

Some track have db meters placed around the track (Donnington & I think Silverstone) and identify noisy bikes as they circuit and then a marshal trcks you down in the pits and double checs with a handheld meter and will ask you to fitt a baffle and get it quieter.

Best solution is to have a baffle available incase you need it.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Guys... the standard can from my RS has 80Db stamped on the side of it. It is very quiet for a stock can on any bike I have experienced.

Maybe the RS can is more heavily muffles compared to the stock Tre??

·
Registered
864 Posts
n33ly - you present can is seriously loud (but nice) must be way over 105db.
Hi Nigel, yeah my race can is loud!! but the stock can that I have which is hanging up in the garage is ultra quiet with 80db stamped on it. **** my race can must be about 280db!

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Neely´s can is indeed somewhat loud

My ears have not yet healed after following him up from Moffat:ele:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts