Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently building a tornado track bike with the help of you guys with the sourcing of parts etc. and Laurence with his great group buys! Its going to use stock brakes, wheels and suspension, Leo Vince SBK evo can, e-moto race bodywork/screen, and all the shiney bits that are on the way, Robymoto rearsets, preload adjusters and race filler cap. (They will def make it faster!). Was just wondering if anyone out there has experience of using the tornado as a track only weapon, suspension settings and tyres etc.
Look forward to any help you can offer, Cheers.
P.S I'm 6'2" and about 14 1/2 stone. (Give or take a few left over mince pies)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Russ at Bennetts raced one but I think it is an LE. I may be wrong but I`m sure he`ll reply to any questions you have for him.
Do you have a photo of the E-moto race bodywork? How much did it cost you?
Looks like you and I are going down the same road with a track only Tre :clap:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've not yet purchased the bodywork as the bikes not ready for it as yet. I got a price from Skidmarx originally, £360 for fairing and £170 for seat from what I remember, then found e-moto do a complete set inc screen for £360.
Be interested if anyone has had dealings with them as a guy on the ducati forum slates them for customer service, others have had no trouble. :confused: Also be interested in quality compared to Skidmarx.
Where do you normally do track days? Have to arrange an outing when both are track ready, sure a couple of Tres on track would turn a few heads! :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi jbcltd, Rusty Russ (AKA Russ Bennett Ex BSS racer & multi club champion)

I post on here from time to time:doh: :doh:

Great news about your track Tre900 that's good news:clap: :clap: If you let me know where you are going e.g tracks I may be able to help on some settings or give advice if needed.

We are working on a project for a 900Rs to race in the European Endurance Championship so we may have more technical information available for you and other track day users as the year rolls on:clap: .

Regards
Rusty.

PS take no notice of BenelliDave as he is southern shandy pants!!!! :rolling: and his Tre900 track bike is painted pink!!! ;) ;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Young man:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

I'd forgot about that:rolling: :rolling: Laughing while watching Holby City.......

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Russ any help would be great! I live near Worksop so well located for a few tracks, Cadwell, Donington etc but usually Mallory. Hoping to have the bike ready towards the end of March and can't wait, was also hoping to meet up with BenelliDave for a track outing, but after hearing about that pink bike and leather combo :ele: having second thoughts! :rolling:

·
Registered
404 Posts
TrackDays

Being another soft southerner (from Somerset Originally) and yes I like Cider - so no comments needed :rolling:

Pink sounds good to me - opps did I really say that !:doh:

If you track demons are doing a day let me know. I did a couple last year on my RS and got hooked and want to do more this year.

As to setting, more speed etc etc. All to complicated for me. I just got on it and rode. It needed a new front tyre before going round Silverstone, so I will give you a guess what it looks like now.

I always reckon my riding abiliy (lack off) is the biggest limiting factor to my speed around the bends. As it stands the bike is much better than me.
As to acceleration etc, well being 17 stone propably has more affect than a few extra BHP

Talking of which - YOUNG MAN - how are those fruity Moto GP style exhaust giong. Still fancy one !!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi lads I will join you on the track day just say when and where.
I will use my stock tool.

I don't believe in light body work etc if you weigh 14.5 stone as I do, a few grams will not make a difference, :gulp:

its skill.......yep skill, that is needed :ele: :ele: :ele: and a pink suit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts