Benelli Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I am looking for a right hand fairing lower for a tre 900 in green as mine fell off the stand and made a hole in it.
Preferably mint condition if possible
I tried the dealers but nobody seems to have them
kind regards ****

·
Super Moderator
7,814 Posts
If you are stuck, I have a right-hand side lower fairing that's flaking badly so would need to be re-painted.

Reactions: RobShed

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi,
You might need to get it repaired because as no doubt you know, these were a recall and I would be surprised if anyone still has them spare. Likely 'priceless' if anyone has them.

·
Registered
964 Posts
First I've read that the fairings were recalled. Do you have the details on that?
Lots were replaced by Benelli ,because of the paint flaking off , mostly red and green lowers. Is that what you mean by "recall"
I need to check , but I think I have four sets of lowers. (both sides) and a complete set of fairings for a Red RS (including the mirrors and fuel tank) Will check if anybody is stuck .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lots were replaced by Benelli ,because of the paint flaking off , mostly red and green lowers. Is that what you mean by "recall"
I need to check , but I think I have four sets of lowers. (both sides) and a complete set of fairings for a Red RS (including the mirrors and fuel tank) Will check if anybody is stuck .
What condition are these lowers, do they need painting or are any of them mint ?

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,217 Posts
Very nice. Any more or bigger pics? How was fitment? I ordered the full set to replace my damaged ones.
Fitment was fine. The CF fairings are more rigid / less pliable but I had no problems fitting them and they are very light...

Larry at Illusion Race Paint did a great job of matching the colour.

Green Creative arts Art Helmet Pattern

·
Registered
251 Posts
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Plant

I couldn't find anyone local who would spray my carbon lowers , due to it being a unusual colour with the gold base and green top , in the end I just got mine wrapped , it's by no means a 100% bang on match but it's really not bad. Il probably in the future do more searching to get them sprayed as above leaving some exposed carbon bits. But for the moment I'm happy with it. To get both sides done it cost £100.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Would you happen to know details for the material used?
Yea it's a brand called hexis , colour is emerald green metallic gloss.

You can buy the wrap directly off them from their online store if you want to have a go at doing it yourself. But having tried and failed at wrapping in the past it was worth the extra to have someone do it for me !!

·
Registered
251 Posts
As you can imagin it's probably the most awkward shape possible to wrap. If you look really close it's not 100% perfect but for the price I'm really happy with it and it's much better than I could do. Just glad to have it back green Hood Automotive lighting Green Motor vehicle Bumper
Hood Automotive lighting Green Motor vehicle Bumper
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Hood Automotive lighting Green Motor vehicle Bumper

Helmet Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
114 Posts
As you can imagine it's probably the most awkward shape possible to wrap.
Exactly and this was the reason I asked for pictures .
If you look really close it's not 100% perfect
One guy I've told me that it is basically impossible!
I spotted only 2 places with bubbles.
  • around the "egg"
  • below the brake pedal
Did I detect all places?
In case that's it, I'd share your view regarding "good value for money" !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts