Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello People.

I'm thinking about starting production of ABS kits for the Benelli Tre.

Does anyone know where i can get a good fibre glass kit. Im looking for someone whos fitted the kit. The reason being is so that I can get a mould taken from it.

I was going to donate my own fairings for the project but have thought against it....

Anyone feels like donating a full kit we will send it back to you after production and send you a free sample.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
crapppppp if only you had have done this before... i've just baught a fiberglass fairing kit from an intalian site, i can get details if needed, it cost about 300 euros. the kit wasnt to hard to fit and was quick, but the finish wasnt the best. It required a bit of bog to make it nice, so if you were thinking of going that way you would need to fit the kit to a bike first to make sure it all sat flush before you made the molds. i ended up using only the top two front fairings out of the kit whole kit so i still have the rest if you needed them.

cheers hendrik

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crapppppp if only you had have done this before... i've just baught a fiberglass fairing kit from an intalian site, i can get details if needed, it cost about 300 euros. the kit wasnt to hard to fit and was quick, but the finish wasnt the best. It required a bit of bog to make it nice, so if you were thinking of going that way you would need to fit the kit to a bike first to make sure it all sat flush before you made the molds. i ended up using only the top two front fairings out of the kit whole kit so i still have the rest if you needed them.

cheers hendrik
So wouldnt it fit straight on?

·
Registered
20 Posts
it requires some drilling and moulding, so probably a days work to get it sitting nice, well in my case anyway. So i wouldnt be making moulds straight from the FG fairings before they have been fitted

·
Registered
55 Posts
Skidmarx make a race fairing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Fairing kit

Hi, i just wondered if you had got anywhere with this yet?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts