Benelli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not too sure what to expect here, seen one site that quotes km to litres but it doesnt seem right when i convert miles to gallon. So, im sure someone on here has the "old fashioned" answers... and how big is the tank (in gallons!)... im sure there must be some documented facts written SOMEWHERE.. but i cant find them...

Sunday is getting nearer (when my insurance kicks in) lets hope its a nice day... and this bloody cold i have developed has disappeared!

T100

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
T100, who's gallons are you interested in? US or Imperial?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i should have said english gallons, forgot about US ones!

T100

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quarts & Pints

Isnt that what you bastions of imperial measurement use :eek

And dont kilowatts such arse , i mean seriously, horsepower means something, kilowatts sounds like something you order from the butcher.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fuel

In "normal" use ( that is, not sweating over finding a fuel stop RIGHT NOW), I get just over 3 imperial gallons into the TRE. I've never run it dry, so don't know how much more you can squeeze out of it.
That's imperial gallons, btw, no such thing as English ones :) otherwise what would the Scots and Welsh do??

The pathetic fuel range is my major gripe with the Benelli, being used to an RSV Aprilia which goes usefully further on a tankful.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fuel

:hat

You should find that the Tre will do around 110 to 120 miles to the tankful under "normal" (ie not thrashing it!:p )
conditions.
For track or extreemly spirited riding expect to get around 70 to 80 to the tankful.

Hope this helps:D

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Fuel

Best I've got is 50 mpg (Imp) => 200 miles/tank (this was cruising in a big bunch)
Worst is 31 mpg => 122 miles/tank (flogging it through south eastern Victoria)

The tank is 18 litres, or 3.96 gallons

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

:hat

What where you doing Engenia, where you being towed?:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

I have never got anywhere near your figures!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Towed for the 50mpg? - yep - effectively. Was in a bunch cruising down a highway for 100 - 150 kms or so, sitting at 110 - 130 kph.
Mine's pretty good on juice though, even thrashing it around town. (Well, my version of thrashing it, anyway. It's rare that I red-line it.)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

many thanks for all the answers, i kind of get the idea the tank is small... Oddly enough i came across a review of the Benelli in a 2004 BIKE magazine, which gave the very details i was looking for! What interested me more was the poor report the bike got, very negative in my view.

Sunday is getting nearer....

T100

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fuel consumption

Engenia -
HOW MUCH?????

Best I've ever got is about 35 mpg (imperial), and I don't find it really makes much difference how I ride it....

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: fuel consumption

larsen, she's done 22,942 km, I've put 1,726 litres through her, which works out to 13.3 kpl, 7.5 l/100km or 38mpg. (Anyone want to check the math?)

Putting 700k's on the clock in the first 24 hours certainly helped.

She's pretty good, but I shouldn't gloat, the missus' C4 averages around 5.6 l/100km.

You're right though, 33mpg around town is about all you'll get. It helps to take her on a trip every now and then.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Engenia that I must say is very impressive by any means. I got the same as most 120 if I was really good. More normally 70-80 on the roads but I am a little hamfisted :rollin

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I get 10 liters on 100 km's twisty roads, not sooo hard riding, it is a fact that is running to rich, will get a tuneboy next season and play with it.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fuel..

:rolleyes Iwasn't talking about town use, Engenia - that's typical of the 200 mile trip to visit the folks up through rural Wales - I can't use the Benelli at certain times 'cause the petrol stations in the country shut too early!!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fuel

Gonna back Lloyds numbers up here, Mine and Aj's with the 6033 map get 180- 190kms (110 - 115 mile) a tank on "excited" country riding.
Hey, hell who cares? I'm havin that much fun that I wouldn't care if it cost a whole years worth of warranty claims for fuel to go out for the weekend. (Big Al, insert funny response here)
Cheers, Dave

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Fuel..

larsen, what are the roads like through "rural Wales"?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welsh Roads

Hi Engenia -
Main route across Wales is the A470 which has a pretty good surface narrow (ish) two-lane "A" road winding through the hills towards Snowdonia. (I miss out the horrible Southern end from Cardiff which is dual carriageway) The kind of road where, in a car, if you get behind a slow vehicle, overtaking is not easy (especially if you drive a diesel van, as I do!).

Remarkably, it's got its own Wikipedia entry with a couple of decent images (although the gradient isn't apparent:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A470

Lots of guys from England head out to Wales just to get on this kind of road for fun. Maybe some of the English riders on here will express an opinion.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welsh Roads

Hi Engenia -
Main route across Wales is the A470 which has a pretty good surface narrow (ish) two-lane "A" road winding through the hills towards Snowdonia. (I miss out the horrible Southern end from Cardiff which is dual carriageway) The kind of road where, in a car, if you get behind a slow vehicle, overtaking is not easy (especially if you drive a diesel van, as I do!).

Remarkably, it's got its own Wikipedia entry with a couple of decent images (although the gradient isn't apparent:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A470

Lots of guys from England head out to Wales just to get on this kind of road for fun. Maybe some of the English riders on here will express an opinion.

How does that compare with your riding territory?
Cheers
neil

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Welsh Roads

Neil, you are indeed blessed. I thought that the Welsh should have some good roads. The mountains kept them apart for centuries, so they must be bloody big ones.
One day I'm going to ride the French Pyrenees. After watching the Tour de France for many years, it looks like bikers heaven. Now I'm going to have to add Wales to the list, along with The Dragon's Tail.
We've got some pretty good ones around here though. Have a look at the 2 pictures HERE.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts