Benelli Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good eve , just bought a 2011 tre k 1130 any things that i should be aware of ?? any issues relating to this year i have read that earlier models had updates ie altonater bolt coming loose so lock tight them up ? be good to get some feed back cheers !

·
Registered
652 Posts
Is it a 2011 model year. I believe they have radial front disc callipers but I could be wrong?

·
Registered
652 Posts
They sell older models but registered on the date of sale. You can tell by looking at the front brakes does it have radial callipers. Is it digit 10 on the frame number? most of them were made in 08 but some were made 2011 ish and they have different brakes and other things.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for being bit dumb dont know what you mean by radial callipers ? I've checked frame num an yes has diet 10

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Hi buddy ,
From my experience .. get forks and rear shock updated personal preference of course .
Yes check the Z25 is ok
Clean the side stand switch as it can play up when your on the gas cutting the power off many times in a day . Solution is to stretch the tiny internal spring .

One big one for me was open up the starter motor to inspect the brushes and replace anyway £30 would of saved me £450 for a replacement ECU .
Get the best battery you can afford as well.
Make sure you've got a good map loaded onto the ECU .
Also keep that stepper motor clean as it will do your head in if it's not .
Iridium plugs are also a good idea..
There must be more things I've left out ..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank s il take your advice an hopefully have less probs , love the bike so whatever happens il keep it an use it , it is like brand new an gonna try fix digital display tomorrow lift the tank of an see if the 3pin plug has came adrift , check all obvious connections an hopefully it will be sorted , I should thank the guy on this site who put punters of buying it as it’s mint an the dealers story checked out , so happy days !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So took digital display out , had it taken apart an re soderd as some had corrosion , before took it apart, if the bike was running an i plugged the dash in the display would all work fine , milage ,petrol , temp gauge, rev counter , but soon as turn off power it won't work , has power as it lights up but displays stop working , so had it looked at an like i said re soderd most spots , but same problem works if i plug it in when bike running but won't when engine an power is off , any ideas ? bit of a mare but must persevere

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
So took digital display out , had it taken apart an re soderd as some had corrosion , before took it apart, if the bike was running an i plugged the dash in the display would all work fine , milage ,petrol , temp gauge, rev counter , but soon as turn off power it won't work , has power as it lights up but displays stop working , so had it looked at an like i said re soderd most spots , but same problem works if i plug it in when bike running but won't when engine an power is off , any ideas ? bit of a mare but must persevere
Have you just tried key on and engine run switch on ( not off as in kill switch on) ?
sounds silly but it’s caught a few out

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you just tried key on and engine run switch on ( not off as in kill switch on) ?
sounds silly but it’s caught a few out
Yeah just gave it a go , no difference unfortunately thanks tho(y)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Have a read of his Samual a few things to look for.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have a read of his Samual a few things to look for.
(y)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
checked everything out all wiring looks ok , even had the tank off to check 3pin connector , so i guess it must be a fault in the clocks , they work fine when i plug them in when bikes running but soon as turn off , the instrument panels dont work , indicators an lights still register so has power just dials speedo rev counter an petrol gauge won't show up so thinking am gonna have to get another clock unit .

·
5,837 Posts
there are two 12V connections to the dash. One permanent, the other switched. The switched one obviously works. Check the other one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts