Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Hi buddy ,
From my experience .. get forks and rear shock updated personal preference of course .
Yes check the Z25 is ok
Clean the side stand switch as it can play up when your on the gas cutting the power off many times in a day . Solution is to stretch the tiny internal spring .

One big one for me was open up the starter motor to inspect the brushes and replace anyway £30 would of saved me £450 for a replacement ECU .
Get the best battery you can afford as well.
Make sure you've got a good map loaded onto the ECU .
Also keep that stepper motor clean as it will do your head in if it's not .
Iridium plugs are also a good idea..
There must be more things I've left out ..

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
So took digital display out , had it taken apart an re soderd as some had corrosion , before took it apart, if the bike was running an i plugged the dash in the display would all work fine , milage ,petrol , temp gauge, rev counter , but soon as turn off power it won't work , has power as it lights up but displays stop working , so had it looked at an like i said re soderd most spots , but same problem works if i plug it in when bike running but won't when engine an power is off , any ideas ? bit of a mare but must persevere
Have you just tried key on and engine run switch on ( not off as in kill switch on) ?
sounds silly but it’s caught a few out

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Have a read of his Samual a few things to look for.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Both have power , but got fed up with not using the bike so put it all back together new screen as it had a replacement one which i didn't like , an decided just to use without clocks working anyway sat the bike out in the sun today was gone go for a blast when had a job come through so went of to do that came back 2hrs later an noticed the tiny lights were on where i left it in park key mode with strearing lock on , bike wouldn't start as battery was out of puff but the clocks all came back to life ??? for a few seconds it didn't reg da ! as was pissed of that battery was flat , but all the clocks were working without the bike running ? so I've thought about it an just maybe the heat has dried out any electrical problems even thou I've had the tank off checked every cable plug i can find ! so took battery off an charging it up an will refit it Wednesday im of fishing tomorrow so keeping my fingers crossed it will all work !(y) View attachment 36644
Brilliant news ! .
Maybe it just needed to free up a connection when in the park position .. could of been it all along ? .
one for memory bank

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
So the latest is had a electrical motor technician look at the bike ,checked everything even when it was cranking all on the bike is good so he recons its the clocks , found a company who deals with motorbike displays , SCORPIO ELECTRONICS KINGS LYNN NORFOLK , sent them off on Friday returned an fixed following Wednesday ,hows that for service , Mark at Scorpio said the clocks have 2 computer chips in them an one was playing up , £100 an happy as Larry ! just got to fit Andreani cartridges and Matis shocker along with Arrow can an its ready to ride cant wait happy days in the end !!
Fantastic news . And very handy to know about the faulty chip in the dash .

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
They are thirsty beasts. Mapping could be the issue, but check idle CO and global CO correction. The O2 reading on tuneecu should be about 1. Rolling road is best to see how it runs or get it to Bennett’s and they will sort it.
Glynn A Fuel leak springs to mind ! … I get about 42mpg on average almost every time I get the trek out . ..
a good map and a clean stepper motor helps this as well a good TPS. .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts