Benelli Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
So the latest is had a electrical motor technician look at the bike ,checked everything even when it was cranking all on the bike is good so he recons its the clocks , found a company who deals with motorbike displays , SCORPIO ELECTRONICS KINGS LYNN NORFOLK , sent them off on Friday returned an fixed following Wednesday ,hows that for service , Mark at Scorpio said the clocks have 2 computer chips in them an one was playing up , £100 an happy as Larry ! just got to fit Andreani cartridges and Matis shocker along with Arrow can an its ready to ride cant wait happy days in the end !!
Fantastic news . And very handy to know about the faulty chip in the dash .

·
Registered
188 Posts
My dash was playing up and was going to send mine to them but a dash came up cheap on ebay so I bought that and it works fine for now. Seeing another recommendation for Scorpio I think I'll still send the old one to them so I've got a spare ready.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So bikes clocks all fixed had the Andreani cartridges fitted an went out for a blast on saturday , done about 6miles when the bike starts spluttering so pull over , i did not think it was lack of fuel as when i bought the bike , i put £25 worth in an the fuel gauge was on 3bars , an milage 627 i know your gonna laugh but guess what the milage is now at time of breakdown ?666 yep you couldn't make it up ah ! so got my mate to come an get me an bike got it back an started thinking like you do , opened up fuel cap an the tank is bone dry , so right result really as was thinking all sorts , but still leaves me wondering what the fk this thing is doing to the gallon , I've only got 39 miles out of 25 quids worth 😪 oviously im gonna have to get it mapped an here goes my next question anybody got any advice on mapping these bikes ?

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
They are thirsty beasts. Mapping could be the issue, but check idle CO and global CO correction. The O2 reading on tuneecu should be about 1. Rolling road is best to see how it runs or get it to Bennett’s and they will sort it.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
They are thirsty beasts. Mapping could be the issue, but check idle CO and global CO correction. The O2 reading on tuneecu should be about 1. Rolling road is best to see how it runs or get it to Bennett’s and they will sort it.
Glynn A Fuel leak springs to mind ! … I get about 42mpg on average almost every time I get the trek out . ..
a good map and a clean stepper motor helps this as well a good TPS. .

21 - 26 of 26 Posts