Benelli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, wondering if anyone on here knows anything about a Tre k that's been on ebay for a while at a dealers in Bristol. Listed as 1000 miles only but the display is not working. It certainly looks very low mileage from the images etc, but having mot checked it, it has not had it's first mot yet despite that being due in 2014. Then I thought, how could it be mot'd if the mileage won't display. They say they will sell it with 12 months mot, so that means they would have to sort the display issue?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hi all, wondering if anyone on here knows anything about a Tre k that's been on ebay for a while at a dealers in Bristol. Listed as 1000 miles only but the display is not working. It certainly looks very low mileage from the images etc, but having mot checked it, it has not had it's first mot yet despite that being due in 2014. Then I thought, how could it be mot'd if the mileage won't display. They say they will sell it with 12 months mot, so that means they would have to sort the display issue?
If anything does not make sense, walk away. I would rather take the bike to a MOT station I use regularly and trust, and pay for an appraisal. and pass or failure.
They only record the displayed mileage , they do not test the operation of the mileage recorder.
If in doubt , dont . Trace the previous owner, ask for a copy of the V5c. There are loads of polished turds out there. Buyer beware.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I’m pretty sure that is a Palmer products tall screen conversion ! .
In my experience short screens are better on most semi naked bikes 👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts