1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first post here at Benelliforum and I must say that I am really excited about the prospects of owning an Amazonas. A while back I had resigned myself to being perfectly happy with my '76 Moto-Guzzi and '84 750 Turbo for many years to come... but that plan is out the window since seeing this bike. My interest factor was just luke warm with the Tre-K, but the Amazonas is just over the top and could very well lure me over to the do it all motorcyle world. I have not really gotten the bug this bad for a new bike since '83 and have always been quite happy with used bikes over the years.

I have hunted down most of the non-press ride reviews for the Tre-K, but am really looking forward to the Amazonas banter to begin. Here is a great video of an Aprilia vs Benelli video in Italian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7gQxBG4Wtc

·
Registered
137 Posts
Willis,
You're enthusiasm for the 'Amazonas' is commendable!

I was recently at the NEC bike show (The major UK bike show) and saw the 'Amazonas' on the stand.
It certainly caught my eye - Not least because I'm well over 6ft.

Enjoyed the watching the link and was impressed by the wheelie potential
-even if I'm not up to that standard myself!

Couldn't understand what that 'surrender-monkey' was saying - But to compare the 'Amazonas' to the 'Caponord' is a bit odd:
A brand new model being compared to an out-going, 5+ year old model. Don't really see those two machines as competitors?

In the UK a 'new' Caponord(ABS) is $6K cheaper than the 'Amazonas' .

...But just listen to that triple!!:bow:

Regards
S

1 - 3 of 3 Posts