Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of a TreK Amazonas......

Currently a KTM 950 owner and defintely not selling it but thinking of adding the TreK Amazonas. Got a great dealer just north of Boston so I'm not worried there but with Benelli as a whole.

I've had a number of small market bikes in the past from Moto-Guzzi, ATK, Vor, Gas Gas...etc. and some manufactures have been better than others.

What are people thining so far? Can I put some serious miles on it? Parts availbility? Reliability? Just thinking about 2-3 years down the road.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi DJM. I've only had the Amazonas for a short while and you may have read that I have a couple of niggles. Generally though, it is a fabulous bike to ride and inevitably has me smiling happily behind the visor. Benelli as a whole? Got to be improved since they have been swamped with Chinese money which can only go toward ensuring quality and reliability. That's the idea anyway.

Dave

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am an Amazonas owner in Norway. Pretty much a freshman, only been riding my TreK for three days but I've covered 2600 kms.

I've had a lot of bikes, Suzi SV650, Vonda VFR800VTEC, BMW R1100S, K1200RS and R1200GS to name the ones I've had since year 2000 ;-)

I've had no issues with mine, alltough is seems to sweat some oil here and there.. Engine is marvellous, I use the low power setting most of the time, I feel I get stronger midrange using it. The gearbox is not used much but it's good, and my bike runs clean on any rpm, no mapping issues. The sound is awesome too!!

The screen is ok but not as good as the R1200GS's. The seat is fine but I don't like the pegs, my feet slips off from time to time.

I cleaned the bike today and all the exotic pieces are a thrill! Upside-down forks looks magnificent, and the Takasago spoked wheels are beautiful. Brembo brakes and Galfer discs are a nice touch, and the paint and overall finish seems fine so far. So many details to be admired, this bike demands to be kept clean!!

Stability is excellent, and the bike corners really well. I spotted two fast trailies catching me in the mirror while trafficing behind some camping cars and relaxing a bit, and I decided to play with them. I could easily lose them in the twisty bits of the road (it was raining) and on the straights they had nothing on me, so after ten minutes I never saw their headlights again. FUN!!

All in all this bike feels right, and no other engine configuration I know can compete with the in-line triple. It's stronger than the GS at any rev, and supplies a lot more top end.

As long at the reliability proves itself, I recommend this bike to any adventure biker. Look around, there's nothing but boring GS'es out there so join the Benelli clan and make a stand :p

·
5,934 Posts
I am an Amazonas owner in Norway. Pretty much a freshman, only been riding my TreK for three days but I've covered 2600 kms.
You've been busy. I thought I was doing well with 900km in the first 24 hours, but you kept up the pace for a further 2 days :clap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts