Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07/07 Silver with Red Frame. 1600 dry miles in showroom condition with 1 year Benelli warranty FDSH. Garaged and one of 3 bikes so low miles.

Great engine, gearbox and handling.

Avon Storm tyres with a original set unused.

Reg K 333 TRE

Price £5995 ( cost £8200 plus first service )

Call or text Kevin Hinton on 07789 172 995 or call 01462 684048

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry to piss on your fire fella but you will lucky to get 4.5k as I have been bid silly. Ime gonna keep mine as its to good to sell for silly money.

Wosser (bishops stortford)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
TRE-K Price

Wosser

I have been offered more than £4500 by the trade, the bike is in good condition. I would rather sell private as the trade has made it's fair share out of me - daft or what

The bike looks trick but you can't appreciate those qualities of handling and performance by looking at it

The trade would showroom price at £6500 and sell their ex demos for £7500 .

I except the market sets the price and am prepared to be realistic. I would rather the bike is used by an enthusiast but like you would keep it rather than give it away.

·
Registered
290 Posts
negotiation Zero. they name their price and its a take it or leave it policy. I part ex'd my last bike 03 plate cb1300 with 22000 miles when they first agreed to the Part Ex they gave me £2800 I agrred the deal.They then came back and started knocking off money for tyres, Marks, and mileage.Ended up at £2400 This was after the handshake for the 2800.

It won't happen again.

·
Registered
864 Posts
These dealers need putting in their place. They have it all their own way. :mad:
It's a really simple case of economics. In this case demand. It's got little do do with how good or how much a bike cost when new unfortunately. The Benelli is a fantastic motorcycle, but the market dictates how much it is worth when it is 6 months, 7 months old, or whatever age, not the dealer.
The general public are a flock of sheep, a great proportion will only buy a motorcycle that either wins races or is perceived by the motoring pres as a 5 star motorcycle, this in turn reflects directly on demand and new / used values of all brands.
The Benelli, although a great motorcycle is unfortunately perceived to be not as good as it's competitors by the press. New and used values are affected. A Dealer will only pay a % below what he expects to sell the bike for. He may have to sit on the bike for months until a new customer comes along, all along he will be paying interest to the bank for the metal sitting gathering dust. For one, I don't envy the Benelli dealerships, certainly the smaller indipendent enthusiastic ones, I appreciate the work they do, keeping us on the road :clap:

·
Registered
290 Posts
It's got little do do with how good or how much a bike cost when new unfortunately.

I appreciate the fact that dealers have to make a buck. but it seams to me that they do have it all there own way. No vehicle should depreciate by 50% in 8 months unless its been the long way round with ewan and charlie.

I also appreciate that vehicle loose 10% as soon as the leave the showroom.

But come on peeps We all look after our babies we talk to them on a daily basis. we even cosset them with fine cloths and expensive waxes to make them gleam like new and for what.

seriously what with the government taxing us to the hilt and still wanting more from road and fuel duty, and then the dealers wanting us to give the bike to them for resale.

I can understand why some peaople keep their bikes till they die

Thats my final bleat on the subject.

sorry its incoherent but I'm a scouser and the words should all be the same. Errrrr caaalmmmm downnnnn, caaaalmmmm downnnnnn liche:rolling:

Kepp on trechin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts