Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anyone know for sure what size Allen Key is needed to remove the spindle from the front wheel? I don't mean the clamps, they are easy - the spindle itself. Thanks.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sort one thing, break another

I got new tyres today - OE Dunlops only part-worn, but told the shop to give them to someone they don't like. Fitter told me it's a 17mm allen key for the front spindle.

Sadly the speedo now registers around 1/3 actual speed - suspect he knackered it changing the tyre. Has anyone has a similar problem? If I need a new sender, will run a book on how long it takes to come. I know the Aprilia ones are very fragile, easy to break them changing a wheel.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The speedo sensor has its place at the rear wheel. I think you have only changed his correct position by mounting your new rear-tyre. Correct him and I thinlk your problem is solved.
Good luck.

·
1,841 Posts
Yes as Mr Tostan says,the speed sensor at the rear wheel is pulsed by the 6 disc mounting bolts.The gap should be 1mm.It looks adjustable on the tnt and is prob the same on trek. If it is incorrect I would look carefully in case a spacer has been missed etc.. ?? I would not think it should have been disturbed ,but may have been knocked as they fitted the wheel.
colin

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
speedo fixed

Thanks guys - loosened the sensor and moved it fractionally closer to the wheel, and it works fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts