Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying a new (left over) 2007 Tre 1130 K. But I do have some concerns about the bike? I called Benelli USA tech about the alternator-starter-gas mileage problems and such, but I still don't know if I should seriously consider the Tre k or not as his answers were not exactly the same as they are on the post. First of all. I have a 2002 MZ Skorpion traveler. It has not ran for a year now as it needs a major carb rebuild. But since MZ bit the dust, I can not get any parts for the bike at all. So as you can see, buying another off brand bike that has gone under/out of business before, and may do so again scares the hell out of me. First of all, has anyone found a real-true and lasting fix for the alternator and starter? I understand that I will need to put a new high quality battery in it, as everyone seems to know that the stock batteries were crap. But is/are the fixes listed in the post for the alternator & starter permanent good fixes to both problems? I live in Arizona. You have to ride 300 miles a day just to get out of town, cruise the switch backs up to the mountains, and then get home again. Often I will ride 500 miles a day, and the last thing I need is a bike that is dead and will not start when I am camping at the north rim of the grand canyon, only to have to tow my bike back to Phoenix, (a good 300 miles)! Also, is the gas mileage really that bad???? 25-30MPG??? I would expect that from a BOSS HOSS, but a triple! What are people riding at a normal speed limit (High way that is) getting for MPG? What could I expect riding at a steady 65 or 75MPH? Lastly, has anyone found a good map for both power and mileage? I could live with 40 or so MPG, but riding 500 miles a day at $2.00 per gallon is about $40.00 per run!!!! Thank you all ahead of time for any and all reply's. Sissy Mary.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
how do you think we feel at £5 per gallon then,once you have it serviced and have the maps installed for the button option you will get your desired figure at the speeds you quote ,mine was crap until i had the new map installed now i,m happy its a great bike as for the alternator problem it seems to be hit n miss but you can check up with benelli using the vin number to see if the ride you are looking at was made at the time when the upgraded parts should have been fitted .I had the hot start problem and they fitted a new starter motor and its been fine .some people had a faulty battery. The only other problem i`ve had was the side stand bolt broke off p----- me o-- a bit cos it happend twice but do not let that put you off this is a great bike good luck

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yep got to agree with the ferret. I too have had hot starter problems and alternator problems. The alt should have a recall fix at 1st service. The starter only plays games when running slow. if it stops leave for 5 mins and she shoud start again.

Sadly mine is in having Alternator, Starter and Oil pump. all under warrenty.

Mileage I recon 35 - 40 MPG depending on how hard I throttle her. tempremental Buggers but bags of fun.

Benelli are very slow at getting parts over from Italy. I think they strap them to snails

·
keeft
70 Posts
Sissy Mary

I have the first TreK ever sold in the US, done almost 2000 miles so far and not a single issue. The off idle fueling issue from new was fixed by the dealer using the Axeone programmer so now everything is smooth, hardly any low rev noticeable surging now. I drive mostly below 5,500rpm through the gears and gas mileage is around 40mpg. Now to be honest my TreK is pampered, never seen or will see rain, stored in a heated drive-in basement and oil changed every 500miles and never thrashed and only used for pleasure rides (1-3hours)

Where RU located?

Or course, YMMV :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts