Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enjoying my Tre K's handling, engine character and gearbox but it has a drink problem. What tank range and/or mpg is expected?

My dealer is dowmnloading a new map next week that cures the problem and claims to add 10/15 mpg.

Also dealer claims engine sensitive to CO2 set up and may need attention

Any views?

K 333 TRE

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Tank Range

My trek is in for the first service next week and I'll see if the MPG does any better as you're right it seems to be pretty heavy on fuel at the moment. Further to this the power button does not work yet but Russ has told me that the map for this will be installed at 1st service. Other than being quite thirsty I've had no other problems and I can live with the fuel as its just a pleasure machine!!

Pops

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mpg

I have covered 350 miles and tried to keep at 4000rpm and below with 25mpg. Obviously as revs rise drink problem increases but dealer convinced that fix will work!

Time will tell

K3333 TRE

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've heard from a french Tre-K owner that he can make, with the new mapping, 7.5 liters for 100 km !
Hi, I'm a new Italian member Tre-K owner and I can confirm the drink problems
are solved with new map, I did 16 km with one liter more than one time!

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Trek Mapping

Just had the 1st service done by Rusty and he's updated the full power and button in map. The difference on full power is much crisper and seems to rev easier and with the other map the fuel range has been increased by 10miles per gallon. No other problems with the service and did it while i waited.

Lets hope the weather improves so that we can all give our beasts a good ride!!

Pops

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New Map

I picked my bike up this morning after remapping and the engine spins much better; crisper and more responsive. It's like a 1130 triple should be. Thrashed it for just 65 miles and got 33 mpg but having so much fun going up to recommended ( following running in procedure )7500 rpm forgot to try the softer map. If I get 43 mpg on softer map then that's practical for touring. I will find out tomorrow if it's not weather for biking Ducks

Gearbox clutchless up changes very smooth at higher revs.

What mpg do you think your getting?

aardvark

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Trek Tank Range

aardvark

Don't know exactly what I'm getting to the tank but it used to do 100 miles till all bars on gauge went off!!
I'll know better with the new map once all the ducks have cleared the roads:rolling:

With the button in I'm expecting 150+ but it will be me needs to stop for a rest before reaching that in one haul!!

Hoping to do a good run this weekend if the weathers ok so I'll report back then

Pops

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Power Button

Just found out from the dealer that power button, to be effective, has to be changed with the ignition off

I was surprised by this but obviously fundamental!:doh:

aardvark

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Power Button

you've told me something i didn't know but I'll check with Rusty if that's right!!

Pops

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Tank Range 2

Well just completed 160 mile return trip. 80 mile with power button depressed at 31mpg and 80 mile with power button out at 32mpg. No motorway on route. The engine was very responsive with new map and good fun.

This is less than good given the bike is a sports touring type. My other bike, a 1200 twin, delivers 45mpg when thrashed but revs out at 6000rpm so good for 200 mile tank.

Anyboby with a perspective on mpg expectations?

However, surveyed my mates with high performance Italian sports bikes and general view is 100/120 mile tank range with 4 gallon tank.

Guess it's more talk with dealer:confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am a newbie here so go easy on me.
I am seriously smitten with the look of the TRE-K but 8 large is a lot of loot to me so I am doing my research I currently run a yamaha fazer which I love to bits and will find it a wrench turning my back on her and her 50mpg on a run. I should expect the TRE-K to be a bit juicy but 30mpg would seriously start to annoy me after a bit as would having to get a new bike re-tuned. Why do the delers not ensure they are correctly mapped at PDI seems pretty obvious but maybe its my innocence in these matters? Crackinglooking Forums and hope to contribute more once I have my mitts on a bennelliof my own (I anticipate spring)
Cheers
Trev Mac

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New Map and Tank Range

The Tre K has a softer cam profile than other Benelli's so it needs a specific map, I guess!

Also they are learning as they go along and responding to NEW BIKE LAUNCH dates with the development in catch up mode. As an example I have a 1200GS which has been re-mapped, for a variety of issues, at least 8 times in last 4 years. Bmw produce 100,000 bikes each year and they need several tries to get it as needed. I have a new Mercedes car which has been remapped several times. It replaces balanceing carbs!

Hope this helps

Arrdvark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts