Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is well documented as to how useless the mirrors are. A common theme on many Italians LOL
I've looked at Eugenia's site re: his alteration, but with the size differance between us, I need another solution.

I agree with him that the mirrors need to be tilted up, but I also need them to be extended i.e. wider. Therefore I'm investigating the possibility of fitting (tapered) spacers between the mirror and the fairing. I note Eugenia's warnings but can't see another option.

Has anyone else looked into this?

Regards,
Bob

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thinking aloud here... does anyone know what how the Tre mirrors arms are constructed, internally?<BR>
My thoughts are regarding extending the mirrors:<BR>
Option 1 is to find / make a spacer to fit between the fairing and the mirror. Matching the mirrors section / profile would be the challenge.
Option 2 may be to extend the length of the mirror arm. Possibly to cut and reattach with a piece of stainless bar then re-profile with filler(?) and paint to match.
Bob

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thinking aloud here... does anyone know what how the Tre mirrors arms are constructed, internally?<BR>
My thoughts are regarding extending the mirrors:<BR>
Option 1 is to find / make a spacer to fit between the fairing and the mirror. Matching the mirrors section / profile would be the challenge.
Option 2 may be to extend the length of the mirror arm. Possibly to cut and reattach with a piece of stainless bar then re-profile with filler(?) and paint to match.
Bob
Funnily enough, since I had my spill in October and rebuilt my Nelli, the left mirror position is slightly better now as I bent the front frame section slightly.

It has been straightened and all fits together correctly but the alloy frame arm is very slightly twisted/rotated outwards and the left mirror now sits a fraction wider.

I no longer have to lift my arm and look under my armpit to see behind me. Just a little dip of the head.

So........perhaps there is a way to rotate the arm slightly by a few degrees to make the mirror sit wider.

I wouldn't recommend the method I used to do this...ie getting hit by a woman in a 4x4, but it did do the trick!:doh:

·
1,231 Posts
dangly bits

Those are the dangly bits that hang off my head...motorcycles head that is!!! I think Have seen those on my nelli before. What the heck are they for other than etching my datadots into?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mirrors? What the hell are those? :rolling: :rolling:

Al:D
Hmmm.. joking apart I'm off to the TT in less than 3 months and need to know which knobs are around me whilst over there ...so to speak ;)

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
T.t.

Hmmm.. joking apart I'm off to the TT in less than 3 months and need to know which knobs are around me whilst over there ...so to speak ;)
THE FIRST TIME I WENT TO THE TT I ASKED A MARSHAL FOR SOME RIDING TIPS FOR MAD SUNDAY... TAKE YOUR MIRRORS OF HE REPLIED OR YOU WILL PARK THE BIKE UP & GET THE BUS HOME!!! THE THING TO WATCH OUT FOR IS OUR ITALIAN FRIENDS COMING ROUND THE BENDS TOWARDS YOU ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD, KNEE DOWN, BIRD ON THE BACK WEARING FLIP FLOPS, T SHIRT & SHORTS!!!!! I KID YOU NOT MATE ( THEY GLUE KNEE SLIDERS TO THEIR SKIN YOU KNOW!! ):rolling: P.S. DONT GO ON THE TRAM LINES IN DOUGLAS, EXPENSIVE MISTAKE:bawl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts