Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a missfire ages ago turned out to be spark plug on 1 cylinder...changed the plugs and now its come back but now its on 2 it tries to start but just on one aint gonna happen. plan is to change all 3 plugs again. I am not going to be putting in Bennelli recommended plugs again as the bike has done less than 10000 andno way should they go down twice in this time. Can anyone advise as to which plugs are good for Mr Ben. Also when I took the tank off last time i broke the fuel connector on the pump so had to buy a new pump assembly. Thing is although I said to myself dont forgot which bit comes away from which bit ...I have... so has any one got a piccy or drawing of how the fuel pipe comes off the bottom of the tank..

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
This should help

·
Registered
935 Posts
Lets be fair boys, this has got to be the number one, worst design of all time.
Yes with the slide sleeve and care , plus another pair of hands to hold the tank, it can be done.
But every service interval (like every year) plus if you have a coil stick go down and all the other times you have to take the tank off. The lugs on the release break off with use and age, the elbow breaks at the 90.
When I bought my first Tornado Tre, the fuel line was butchered, resorted to rubber fuel line and that has become iffy after 7 years.
This is the latest mod, lets see if it lasts another 7 years. Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Rim Machine

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lets be fair boys, this has got to be the number one, worst design of all time.
Yes with the slide sleeve and care , plus another pair of hands to hold the tank, it can be done.
But every service interval (like every year) plus if you have a coil stick go down and all the other times you have to take the tank off. The lugs on the release break off with use and age, the elbow breaks at the 90.
When I bought my first Tornado Tre, the fuel line was butchered, resorted to rubber fuel line and that has become iffy after 7 years.
This is the latest mod, lets see if it lasts another 7 years. View attachment 36399
looks liken a good mod

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Done the same but added a brass quick release connector.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I had a missfire ages ago turned out to be spark plug on 1 cylinder...changed the plugs and now its come back but now its on 2 it tries to start but just on one aint gonna happen. plan is to change all 3 plugs again. I am not going to be putting in Bennelli recommended plugs again as the bike has done less than 10000 andno way should they go down twice in this time. Can anyone advise as to which plugs are good for Mr Ben. Also when I took the tank off last time i broke the fuel connector on the pump so had to buy a new pump assembly. Thing is although I said to myself dont forgot which bit comes away from which bit ...I have... so has any one got a piccy or drawing of how the fuel pipe comes off the bottom of the tank..
My theory is the shit petrol they're selling,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts