Benelli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys are we, the consumers, causing the drop in these prices? I mean one of the guys is offering his LE with 600 miles on it for 7 grand. When you think abou it:
Ohlins 2500 pounds
Marchs 1000 pounds
Magnesium components 1000 pounds easy
Carbon fibre...ummm....1000 pounds just for arguements sake

Thats 5500 pounds in extras!!!!!!

Someone from the forum jump on that bargain or I will! The wife will kill me if I have 2 in the garage.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Mnnnn - Kill the wife for another in the garage - damn, wish I hadnt got divorced now !!!!

(It is legal to kill your wife - but not an ex wife isn't it??)

·
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pity

I think any judge would understand you motivation for such actions if it were brought to trial. The jury of your peers would have to be people from the forum so you should get away clean!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah its crazy.
They always say Italian bikes hold their value more than their Japanese counterparts. Well i must say that we found the exception :doh:

When I bought my Tre 900 new in 2004 I payed 17.000€ for it !
Now i see one for sale from the same year for about 5500€ :doh:

A Honda CBR600RR of 2004 cost 10.000€ new, and they go for about 6500 now.
Now which of the 2 bikes has lost its value less.... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I think any judge would understand you motivation for such actions if it were brought to trial. The jury of your peers would have to be people from the forum so you should get away clean!

Make sure I'm on the Jury and you'd get away with it if she was your ex-wife, wife, fiance, steady girlfriend, new squeeze, etc. Especially if she was anything like the leech I married!

·
224 Posts
so where/who is selling an LE for 7000??? is that $7000 in what USD? or what???

Please provide the contact info on this bike as I am interested.

thanks

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I can't believe that I'm actually considering this seeing as I've had nothing but hassle with mine:doh: Must resist .... must resist:bawl:

Al (Still resisting):D

·
Registered
1,680 Posts

·
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I cant do it

Guys my friend Jon has dropped out of the deal with Martin at 7000 pounds. If anyone is interested in the bike it is available and I promised Martin I would help him sell it and try to keep it in the Nelli Family. If anyone is interested it is LE #61 and has 600 miles and comes complete with the LE kit and cover. Spotless is how it was described. I would love to have a second one but honestly I can't. My number is 07725875962 and for out of towners...country code 44 7725875962. Call me guys....we have until tommorrow at approx 130pm to make this happen or a dealer will be getting it. If you are an out of towner and you decide you want it. I will be more than glad to park it next to mine in the garage until you can get up here and pick it up or I will help you get it to the shippers to ship to you. Anything I can help with just ask.

·
Registered
53 Posts
so where/who is selling an LE for 7000??? is that $7000 in what USD? or what???

Please provide the contact info on this bike as I am interested.

thanks
If you are looking for an LE in the US Ton Up in Phoenix has one on consignment for $15,000. About 800 miles and all the goodies come with it. Persoanlly I am being very strong to resist it myself.

·
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
subliminal advertising

You know that (buy it) some businesses try to use (buy it now) subliminal adverstising in their (go get it) commercials in order (go pick it up today) to get you to buy thier product even if (go buy it) you don't really need it. I would buy that (you know you want it) baby in a heart beat. Did you happen to (buy it) catch what number LE it was? I love my #131 (go get it) LE and wouldn't trade it for any other ped.

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
If you are looking for an LE in the US Ton Up in Phoenix has one on consignment for $15,000. About 800 miles and all the goodies come with it. Persoanlly I am being very strong to resist it myself.
Ohhh, I wish you hadn't told us about this :confused: Now I'm gonna have to resist and it's going to be very tough. So what VIN is your '05? I have #00011.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ohhh, I wish you hadn't told us about this :confused: Now I'm gonna have to resist and it's going to be very tough. So what VIN is your '05? I have #00011.
Mine is 00023. The LE is 119. Sat on the TreK today, now I must resist that, the LE and the Sport. But if I only buy one of those three then I am being conservative right?????

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Mine is 00023. The LE is 119. Sat on the TreK today, now I must resist that, the LE and the Sport. But if I only buy one of those three then I am being conservative right?????
Yeah, that's how we motorcycle fanatics rationalize :rolling:
BTW, how do you like the Mantra? I have a '99 DB4 - same engine, weighs next to nothing, tons of fun. The Mantra seems to be one of those love-hate things - either you love it or you hate it. I think they're pretty cool looking, in a Jetsons kind of way :D

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
That's the very same bike Moley. Apparently it was a genuine raffle and Martin (read jammy basket!!!) won it for £100 a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's the very same bike Moley. Apparently it was a genuine raffle and Martin (read jammy basket!!!) won it for £100 a few weeks ago.
Wow, I'd definitely have been tempted by that as a raffle prize. Kinda makes sense why it might then be sold or traded for only £7,500.

I sold my MV F4 1000 for £7,500 a couple of months ago, the LE seems like a lot more bike for the money than my MV!

Anyone know what the new dealer is listing #61 for?

I see there's an LE on MCN online going for £8,500, still seems like a great price for something as rare & desirable?

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Le In Bennetts

I was in bennetts other day and think they have said LE in their after enquiring and being told that they have it up for sale but it was awaiting a part . behind the LE is a honda cxturbo !!! which i was told was there chippy bike. Want an RS before i get an LE as it just looked as exotic for me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts