Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I'm thinking about taking the Tre down to South of France and Spain early summer with some mates.

Have any of you toured on your Nelli? would she be up for it? any tips welcome :bow:

·
5,928 Posts
Guys, I'm thinking about taking the Tre down to South of France and Spain early summer with some mates.
Have any of you toured on your Nelli? would she be up for it? any tips welcome :bow:
Don't think about it. DO IT.
Then tell me where you went, and what the highlights were. I've been thinking about exploring the same areas.

I tour on Nelli twice a year. More if I can. Usually up to a week at a time. Last year I left Canberra for Phillip Island, Melbourne, crossed Bass Straight to Devenport, then did a lap of Tassy. 4,000 km exactly, in 12 days, with 3 days at the MGP.:D :D :D
Only problem I had was, I ran out of fuel. She likes a drink when you stick the boot in.:)

·
5,928 Posts
Errol, whats the most miles you have got from a tankfull? Never got more 100 miles from mine.Mark
Around town I'll get about 205km (128 ml) - bone dry.
Touring ranges from 230 - 280 km (144-175ml)
Worst I've ever got is 185 km (115ml)
Best ever was 320 km - almost all highway & in a tight group at 130kph.

·
Member - Avatar by MDIB
199 Posts
Surely you are mistaken Errol, the speed limit in Australia is max 110 so there is no way a motorcycle rider would ever exceed that.
Shogun:rolling:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Errol is the Aus unleaded different to our in the UK. Today went for a mid pace ride and got 80 miles. No wind No racing.......must be my Bulk...:rolling:

·
5,928 Posts
Errol is the Aus unleaded different to our in the UK. Today went for a mid pace ride and got 80 miles. No wind No racing.......must be my Bulk...:rolling:
I'm 70 kg's.
Fuel is 92, 95 & 98 RON. I generally use 95. 98 when I can get it.
She definitely goes further on higher test fuel.

I did say "bone dry". I calculate this from how much I need to add to top up an 18 litre tank.
Around town, the fuel light comes on around 150km (94ml), and I'll refill at 200km, with around 17.5 litres.

Ran out in Tassy last year at 203km. 3 km short of the fuel stop. But I was running fairly briskly on that tank.
She took 18 litres exactly.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I get 80 miles to yellow light.Its my weight.
I am a little bubble in comparison to you at 90 Kg.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Ahhh that's where I'm going wrong, 110kg :doh:
Bear on circus bike, must start that Slimming World thing ;)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I'm about the same weight, but I think that makes us LARGE bubbles. :bawl:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

Touring is great on these bikes. get on that autoroute and she's solid as a rock.First tip is buy the Sbk screen(double bouble) takes alot of pressure of your neck.2ND BUY a air hawk seat pad:bow: worth the weight in gold it makes 4 and 5 hundred mile days easy:ele: Went to italy last year, this year Gibralter:ele: Check out pics of touring tornado on me gallery.:clap: :clap:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers for that Tony. I just ordered the airhawk, was also thinking of getting the invisible film kit - they do one for the Tre - anone know if thats safe on the paintwork? am i right in thinking that its only the lowers where the paint flakes?

Also, Tony, how did ou fix that tank bag?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Cheers for that Tony. I just ordered the airhawk, was also thinking of getting the invisible film kit - they do one for the Tre - anone know if thats safe on the paintwork? am i right in thinking that its only the lowers where the paint flakes?

Also, Tony, how did ou fix that tank bag?
The tankbag is an oxford first £20.00 it comes with a base that has a strap for the headstock then two other straps to connect to the sub frame under your seat.Its easy to fit if you unscrew the side pannels then thread them round. Once you have that secure the bag just velcro's to that. To fill up just undo the snap release from the headstock and rest the bag on your seat:clap: I had flakey paint on my lower pannels and got them replaced under warranty.NOT to kean on the invisable film stuff (prefer a good wax coat Auto glym) seen it on an MV looked bloody awful:confused: PS when you get the air hawk some have elastic fastners and some don't but they do all have hoops. Quick fix black elastic from woolys.The sat nav i used is a garmin quest. Any other stuff you want to know just ask bud.:clap:

·
Bruce
21 Posts
Touring is great on these bikes. get on that autoroute and she's solid as a rock.First tip is buy the Sbk screen(double bouble) takes alot of pressure of your neck.2ND BUY a air hawk seat pad:bow: worth the weight in gold it makes 4 and 5 hundred mile days easy:ele: Went to italy last year, this year Gibralter:ele: Check out pics of touring tornado on me gallery.:clap: :clap:
Hi Tony,

Where did you get that SBK screen you spoke of? I am taking my Nelli through Southern Africa next month and a new screen would be a dream come true!
Thanks

Bruce

·
Registered
2 Posts
Throw-over panniers

Was just reading this thread and wondered if anyone has tried fitting throw-over panniers to a Tre? I'm off to Scotchland in August for a long weekend of lunacy and am just trying to figure how to load the bike up.

Also, anyone got any bright ideas about how to attach a Garmin Quest satnav to the nelli?

All suggestions welcome!

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi Chris,

I took mine over to Europe for a week with a set of Oxford Sport throwovers on the back. Didn't look too pretty but they certainly done the job with a few bungies to hold them on.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts