Benelli Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Two things comes to mind.
The 1130 haven't been in production for years so there is no reason for the new owners to producer parts.
But i wouldn't had a problem buying parts directly from the Chinese factory or official dealer if that were the case.

Second is that the Chinese copy everything.
I have tested fuel Jets to both Kehin and Mikuni carbs from China, even the stamps on the Jets were correct, but the flow diameter it self were ridiculous far off...

But go ahead, could be fine.
I'm assuming you know why the Z25 failed in the first place due to tollerance?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think mine is ok. I can't hear any noise from the engine, the starter spins slow but I'm thinking that maybe electrical. The engine banged back on turning off a couple of times but it seems to have stopped that behaviour now. I'm going to go with uprated starter cables first.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Two things comes to mind.
The 1130 haven't been in production for years so there is no reason for the new owners to producer parts.
But i wouldn't had a problem buying parts directly from the Chinese factory or official dealer if that were the case.

Second is that the Chinese copy everything.
I have tested fuel Jets to both Kehin and Mikuni carbs from China, even the stamps on the Jets were correct, but the flow diameter it self were ridiculous far off...

But go ahead, could be fine.
I'm assuming you know why the Z25 failed in the first place due to tollerance?
I understand that, just out of interest when you changed your parts did you notice or remember any writing /branding on them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I got my parts from Maniac Motors sealed with benelli serial numbers, but hey, anybody can make a plastic bag with a tag?
I vagely remember i read something about Alex getting a batch of z25 kits with a harder metal or something?
I might have dreamt this but overall my engine is mint after i changed the z25 and sprag/freeplay gear.
However, i do all the work on my own bikes my self, so i don't have an extra cost with expensive mechanics.
So the xtra $$$ for some quality parts don't bother me as i save thousands in mechanical work (i have 6 bikes where 4 is Italian)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts