Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Rectangle Screenshot Multimedia Gadget

Had a terrible day with the trek cutting out on me yesterday. It always does a bit but this was a bad day, nearly left me with a flat battery. I can't put my finger on it, the only things different was, i done an oil and filter change, last time i filled up with E10 and it didn't seem to like it but then settled down. The problems seem to start if i switch to full power mapping in town, but that may be a coincidence. Could it be a mapping issue and can I raise the idle from the tuneecu. The reading above is with the engine not running, it's a bit early to start her up now. Of course if i start it up now it will be fine

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks GBo, I've been trying to adjust the idle or keeping it high via the cable adjuster on the left of the engine. Is this a good thing to do or should I slacken it off, i ask because I've read about the ecu finding its own idling mixture

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've set the idle at 1200 approx via the screw otherwise it's too low, the tps reads 1.
I've been for a quick ride and it cut out about 6 times when throttle shut in traffic, very frightening on roundabouts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see, can TuneECU tell me if the throttles are in sync or do i need to delve under there. At the moment if i slacken off the cable adjuster the bike idles, just, at around 950rpm but tends to be erratic . Do i set this on adjustments where it says target rpm or on the actual mapping.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've recently had it mapped and it's not bad apart from the idling, i've set the idle screw as a temporary measure for now ,reason being all this stalling and pressing the starter has caused a change in tack in my head of worries. Because the starter sometimes sticks i am now going to do what i've been putting off far too long and that is check the z25 business . So grab a coffee ,get comfy in your lazyboy and get ready to have a good laugh at a total newb in unchartered territories. See some of you in the next post if you haven't already given up on me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts