Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ya lads just been told the suspected verdict by the dealer ,the mechanics reckon probable bottom end failure i new there was some strange noises as i pulled into the dealers and she died on me .Now i`m really pissed off as its very probable that i will have no bike for ages so i hope that the importer is going to give me a loan bike .The dealer will wait till next week to see if nelli will pay them to do the engine strip so got to wait till Wednesday now .:bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i wont know till next week when hopefully nelli gb will give the dealer permission to open her up apparently it may well go back to be done by nelli gb .

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh thanx for reminding me, my son did the same earlier lol it wont get a quick fix as nelli are shut for the summer siesta

·
Registered
290 Posts
sorry to hear your news. Mine has gone in for all the cosmetics only to be told only the mirrors have arrived :mad: hope they fix the speedo

ah well off to turkey for two weeks in the morning.

don,t let the bastards grind you down ;)

·
lane splitting bastard
33 Posts
that really sucks, hope they find a nice loaner for you

·
Registered
50 Posts
hope the dealer you work with is more motivated than dealers in U.S. I would like to at least get an order put in I've been working on trying to place an order for almost two months now. Dealers U.S. say they will get back to me with price and availability, unfourtunately closest dealer to me is 800 miles away. Cycle dealers in U.S. are dropping Benelli but don't say why. Seriously considering buying parts from across the pond. (if it's possible) If all else fails I will part my TRek out. :bawl: Rubberglide

·
Registered
784 Posts
I feel your pain, with ordering parts. Remember Benelli of Italy also shuts down during the month of August. So this delay makes things even worse for everyone.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and what makes it worse the suns shinning and i should have been off to hartside today to put faces to names at the cafe :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Broken TRE-K

Jeez that's a bit concerning mate, they're supposed to have a bullet proof bottom end. How many km's/miles? have you done regular oil and genuine filters? From what I read on here your UK dealers are pretty onto it and I assume the clutch has been adjusted from inside clutch cover and your alternator has had the mod to the end of the shaft? If either of those let go you'll get a big rattle before death. Never heard of a bottom end, ya poor bugger, keep us posted please.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ive got the nelli god himself having a look RUSTY RUSS on behalf of motogb .He wont spin me a yarn and i am sure it will all be fixed PLEASE .I will keep you informed m8 .

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hi all well as it stands i have no bike,but the good news is the nelli god is building me a complete new motor rather than wait months for a new one to be delivered . yep the motor is completely shagged .The cause appears to be the z25 gear and the swarf from that had done the clutch and then blocked the oil ways to the middle pot and head and the piston/crank etc including the cases are no good .Whoops dont panic as long as its been checked as it should be at the intervals suggested you should have no probs .I will take this opportunity to say at this stage thanxs to moto gb for there assistance in this matter and hopefully everything will be resolved including the politics involved with my case .
NB RUSS please put some spare horses in my new motor m8 please lol

·
Benellissimo
682 Posts
Jeez that's a bit concerning mate, they're supposed to have a bullet proof bottom end. How many km's/miles? have you done regular oil and genuine filters? From what I read on here your UK dealers are pretty onto it and I assume the clutch has been adjusted from inside clutch cover and your alternator has had the mod to the end of the shaft? If either of those let go you'll get a big rattle before death. Never heard of a bottom end, ya poor bugger, keep us posted please.
Er, I know this is perhaps insensitive when ferret's motor has destroyed itself, but what's this alternator mod and how do I know it's been done? Should it need doing to a new (well delivered March this year) bike? What's this clutch adjustment thing too :confused:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Alt mod is to have new locking washers fitted to the armature if they have not been done the nuts will back out and drop into the sump. This happened to mine after the mod and wrecked the oil pump. I would suggest that where ever you got the bike from get them to do the job again and prove that the work has been carried out. Benelli are not sympathetic to the owners and will not cover a further mod. They have without a doubt the worst after sales I have ever experienced.

I am still waiting for parts suffering corrosion after 18 weeks, Moto GB where supposed to have had them 4 weeks ago but Benelli sent the wrong parts.

It gonna get nasty :mad:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hi Glen , sos about that m8 i did get my cosmetic bits however the motor let go before they had chance to change them .However i will be on the phone tomorrow to see where we are at ,would you believe that not 1 person answered the phone all day Saturday maybe they new it was me ,my dealer has been trying since wednesday to speak to someone there ,he is not impressed at all .Roll on monday

·
Registered
290 Posts
hi Glen , sos about that m8 i did get my cosmetic bits however the motor let go before they had chance to change them .However i will be on the phone tomorrow to see where we are at ,would you believe that not 1 person answered the phone all day Saturday maybe they new it was me ,my dealer has been trying since wednesday to speak to someone there ,he is not impressed at all .Roll on monday
Your right roll on monday the s**ts gonna hit the fan at milenium, I have lost an indicator lense of the mirror today really pissed:mad:

This is going to get nasty if they don't get it sorted soon. It a b****y shame it's such a fantastic bike to ride "when it works"!

·
Benellissimo
682 Posts
Your right roll on monday the s**ts gonna hit the fan at milenium, I have lost an indicator lense of the mirror today really pissed:mad:

This is going to get nasty if they don't get it sorted soon. It a b****y shame it's such a fantastic bike to ride "when it works"!
Totally with you there! Fantastic bike but bleedin' hell! Customer service? What's that then?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts