Benelli Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am seriously looking at purchasing a Tre-K but I am chasing a few answers to questions
Has anyone done any exhaust work i.e, different can like the titanium etc or a complete system.
Also what's the feed back re the suspension, does this need any major rework or are the adjustments sufficient
Are there any other necessary modifications/adjustments?

Regards

Tuono

·
Registered
80 Posts
I saw a 1130 on auto trader with miv cans ,i tried to post the piccys but its gone now doh,I too am looking for a 1130 .i've currently got a 1050 triumph speed triple and want some more of the same but with a bit more room for my 6ft size :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
why modify a great bike. its got a great sound and they are quick too. the only mod they need is a confier seat. 100 miles causes piles:rolling:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Tre-K Modifications

because Glenn47 some of us always want a little extra, different can few more ponies for less effort plus suspension tuning for a better ride

Regards

Tuono

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got the short HPE-Exhaust on my TreK with a special mapping from Alex.
Sounds great, looks great and runs like hell :bow:
And the best: she only takes 6,5 litres / 100 km :gulp:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Since the front suspension is a Marzocchi, I will check on some "Shiver" tuners for you.

If you are not aware. The Marzocchi Shiver fork was introduced to compete with the Ohlins hardware.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
HI MEISTER what tuner are you using to adjust your mapping???? and did you mod anything else ,has the new map improved the lower rev running aswell,did you have it dyno`d ????

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ferret,
my mapping was modified by Alex from ManiacMotors (-> www.maniacmotors.de). Some people here in Germany think of him as a god :bow: I don't know exactly what he modified :confused: , but I can ask him if you want to know :)
He not only exchanged the exhaust, but also fitted my TreK with a shorter transmission ratio, so she comes better from low rpms :D
Didn't have it dyno'd, but the difference between the original setup and mine is enormous. And she runs really smooth around 2000rpm :))

·
Registered
62 Posts
Did you guys experience the bike dying at low revs when coming back down to idle at a stop?

I seem to have this small problem on my new Trek

·
Registered
146 Posts
hi kelso
mine used to have a flat spot about 2000rpm but it was intermitant so i just lived with and it , not as bad now it is fullly run in

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i also had the same but it got better with the miles it can still do it when hot and then backing off quickly im having new maps next week so this may make a differance

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
apparently the latest because mine has only got 1 map on it not 2 for the economy mode lol, what happend was i took to the dealer for its 1st service earlier in the year and when they went to upload the mapping the bike would not accept it all apparently due to the connection cable being no good for the trek so they had to wait for 1 to come in which took a while so now its in next week ill get it done and see if theres any real improvements im hoping for a few if that dont work then it will be get it to a dyno and get an expert to sort it out, i was trying to go the tune boy route but they are not doing anything to suit the trek i would have thought you could adapt what they already have but apparently not .i will post once ive had it done anyway

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
right i had the updates done today on the mapping that ive been waiting for yes there is a difference but not by much with the button in its a bit smoother aand as for fuel economy well its worse still ,ok it was mixed riding some hard some in town but no bars showing on the fuel gauge = 80 miles hmmmm. Apparently the maps for the trek are and have been the same 1 for the last 18mounths so what to do next because tune boy do nothing for the bike nor do is there a power commander available for this bike so i`m being told .this is a great bike except the fueling needs sorting it seems to vary between bikes because the demo i rode was not like mine the other thing ive noticed is the revs fluctuate at tick over .i may if i get a chance take it to a dyno in the next few weeks to see what is actually going on and find a solution .all help greatly appreciated.

·
1,841 Posts
hi mr ferret, not sure about the tuneboy options ? I just looked on tuneboy site and they give details of fitments and include the trek. there are 2 maps listed (actually map mode 1 and map mode 2 on each map number) the newer map has a higher rev limit and the exhaust valve is open all the time in the fast mode. I would think Alex in Germany would use tuneboy to load modded tunes,as the axone I believe can not mod tunes only idle and stepper adjustment or load of tunes from benelli.
colin...

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
hey they must have just changed that then at least now i could get the tune boy and do a set up to solve the issues once ive dyno`d it we will see what we can do thanx for that

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
just a little update now ive done a few miles on the new maps .In the economy mode what an improvement i just had yesterday 185 miles to a full tank, this was a mixture of 100 mph motorway and back road scratching and in london city riding the whole thing is smoother in this mode but still has a bit of a flat spot down low so i was pleased with that however the tick over did fluctuate a lot at a temperature on the clocks of 6 degrees or below rpm 2100 7 to 10 degrees 900 to 1200 rpm hmmm .tried the but out power mode yes very on off throttle response low down but nicely aggressive from 5000 rpm but the fuel consumption was very bad worse than the original map mind you i did give it the berries .the differences were : eco map from full tank to fuel light on = 2 bars left 133 miles power mode full tank to fuel light on 75 miles seems a big difference but there does seem to be a lot of inconsistencies between machines .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts