Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new TRK 502 in June 2020, and quickly put up the 800km needed to get the first Service completed. Unfortunately I had to move away for work (the bike was parked inside) so didn't put up too much mileage on the bike since, currently only have 1100kms on it.
When I restarted is last week to take it for a spin, the engine is running terribly. I thought it was fuel related, so I drained the Tank, changed the fuel filter and fitted 2 new plugs, but no luck, it still runs poorly.
The symptoms are that when i start the bike, it fluctuates between 1000 & 2000 rpm; once it gets a bit hot, holding it at 6000rpm, it increases on its own between 6000rpm & 7000rpm. When I took it for a drive, it cut out several times which isn't ideal, and in 6th gear it just increases/decreases in speed while holding the throttle steady.

Any Advice would be great?

Thanks.....

·
Registered
836 Posts
I bought a new TRK 502 in June 2020, and quickly put up the 800km needed to get the first Service completed. Unfortunately I had to move away for work (the bike was parked inside) so didn't put up too much mileage on the bike since, currently only have 1100kms on it.
When I restarted is last week to take it for a spin, the engine is running terribly. I thought it was fuel related, so I drained the Tank, changed the fuel filter and fitted 2 new plugs, but no luck, it still runs poorly.
The symptoms are that when i start the bike, it fluctuates between 1000 & 2000 rpm; once it gets a bit hot, holding it at 6000rpm, it increases on its own between 6000rpm & 7000rpm. When I took it for a drive, it cut out several times which isn't ideal, and in 6th gear it just increases/decreases in speed while holding the throttle steady.

Thanks.....
Hi and welcome, sorry i can't help but someone should come along soon , is the dealer too far away to get it checked under warranty ?

·
Registered
2021 Benelli Imperiale with cheese
13 Posts

Thanks.....
When you laid your bike up did you leave any fuel in it? There maybe quite an easy remedy to the problems you are having if so.

·
Registered
2021 Benelli Imperiale with cheese
13 Posts
Yes, i had left fuel in it. What is the remedy you suggest?
I'm not sure if you realise but if you leave petrol standing for long periods of time it coats the internals of fuel systems with almost a varnish like substance, more so with modern lead free petrol. This in turn can clog up things like fuel pumps an injectors. What I've used in the past to 'clean' fuel systems through is Seafoam, take a look at this SEA FOAM Diesel Petrol Engine Injector Cleaner & Fuel Stabiliser. SeaFoam SF16 18812000019 | eBay
The best way that I found to use it is to empty halve of the container into a full tank of fuel then ride the bike as much as possible until you need to re-fuel then repeat this straight away with the rest of the Seafoam. Although this stuff is quite expensive I've had a lot of success with it in the past on various bikes. I wouldn't bother with cheap alternatives though. Go onto youtube and you'll find a lot of videos of people giving Seafoam a try.
Personally I think trying something like this is worth a shot before you start to stripping the bike down looking for the problem but then it's entirely up to you(y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts