Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

502X from mid 2019...
Cold start idle is great, around 1500 rpm 1 min warming or so. After a small loop around the block, like 500m or so, and the idle goes up to 2500 rpm.

It idles from that point on 2500, no fluctuation, no check engine, no nothing...
I cant find anything even remotely same anywhere...

Any idea what this can be?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Hi Guys!

502X from mid 2019...
Cold start idle is great, around 1500 rpm 1 min warming or so. After a small loop around the block, like 500m or so, and the idle goes up to 2500 rpm.

It idles from that point on 2500, no fluctuation, no check engine, no nothing...
I cant find anything even remotely same anywhere...

Any idea what this can be?
Hi .. it’s possibly an intake air leak or a vacuum pipe not fitting well or split .
it may be that the auto choke stepper motor isn’t working properly.
or the TPS needs setting .
just a few things to look into.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi .. it’s possibly an intake air leak or a vacuum pipe not fitting well or split .
it may be that the auto choke stepper motor isn’t working properly.
or the TPS needs setting .
just a few things to look into.
Thank you for the info... Probably something electrical imho, as i turn the engine off, and start it on again, it will run just fine. If its a vacuum pipe, or any other leak it would not solve the problem as far as i see.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thank you for the info... Probably something electrical imho, as i turn the engine off, and start it on again, it will run just fine. If its a vacuum pipe, or any other leak it would not solve the problem as far as i see.
Oh ... you left that bit out first time round ! Lol
It’ll just be a sticky stepper motor then .
Give it a clean

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ... you left that bit out first time round ! Lol
It’ll just be a sticky stepper motor then .
Give it a clean
Is it easily accessible? i'm really new to the bike -bikes in general-... I'm a service engineer, so a screwdriver and cleaning parts are not a problem, i just need to identify where it is :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it easily accessible? i'm really new to the bike -bikes in general-... I'm a service engineer, so a screwdriver and cleaning parts are not a problem, i just need to identify where it is :D
wow i found it, its under the tank... that is not an easy place :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts