Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
HI
A X version was tried recently on a Benelli Club run from Italy to Scotland tour comprising of thousands of miles and nothing broke and didnt use a drop of oil. We were given six TrK X to try out at the Benelli Week in Pesaro and all returned without a glitch or problems with finish. Very favourable comments were given in the Benelli Club GB magazine just recently but that was with the std version which is not a lot of difference to the x
Have a test ride

·
Registered
824 Posts
They look quite nice and get favourable comments apart from heavy and low on power. They seem to be selling very well. When they bring a bigger version I could well be tempted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had it one week, O2 exhaust sensor failed, set fire to the catalytic converter, set fire to the plastic exhaust covers due to over fuelling as computer turned of the cylinder but not the fuel, 168 miles on the clock, bugger. Apart from that I do like the bike, when it comes back from my local dealer I will put some miles on it, hopefully. Thanks for the feed back, I know it's a Chinese made machine but most things are manufactured in foreign parts now and assembled elsewhere.

·
Registered
933 Posts
They look quite nice and get favourable comments apart from heavy and low on power. They seem to be selling very well. When they bring a bigger version I could well be tempted.
Benelli should have had a stand at the NEC, right next to the BMW extravaganza
If they had Ducati on the other side with their scramblers , they could have sold loads, at half the price and more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far it's been a bag of shit, had it 4 weeks with only 2 days of riding and in the dealers the rest. Now going back to Benelli for examination, stuck without a bike, my 12 year old Suzuki never missed a beat.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
This is a real shame to hear .. worse for you i know.
Hopefully you will get your money back . Or at worst new a replacement 🤔.
I too was hoping this model would help the Benelli brand build a wider market ! ..... maybe not 😡

·
Registered
401 Posts
Sorry to hear this.
Me, I would demand a replacement .. now.
I would also demand compensation for loss of amenity and the all hassle maybe in goods, servicing, extended warranty ..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tree main design problem

Yes. Tree main design problem, rear sign light wiring is very poor, if anything hangs there you are going to have a problem. Foot stand collides with the road when turning. The plate under the engine get loose.

More info:
[video=youtube_share;30aopkgpqn0]https://youtu.be/30aopkgpqn0[/video]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the bike back after new exhaust and lambda's fitted, rode back 35 miles and all OK. Got on the bike the next day and coughing, running rough, right exhausts is now glowing bright orange so turned it off. After an hour went to try it again and all seamed OK, went for a quick 40 mile run and again all OK, got on the bike four days later and after 100mtrs back one one cylinder and destroying another exhaust, so back to the dealers who are sending it back to Moto GB the importers.

Talk about poor customer relations, sent an e-mail to them and actually got a reply asking for my phone number so they could get in touch, that was a week ago and still waiting, cant see me getting the bike back till after Christmas now and not yet had an offer of a temp bike, so that will be two months of ownership with two days of a fully working bike. This will be the last chance before the famous "not fit for purpose" sentence is used, surely they cant be that bad ???????

·
Registered
152 Posts
Australian Importer is completely useless, which in turn means so are the dealers. Go to Benelli directly and they tell you to go to your importer, who do not return calls nor emails.

As I tell anyone who asks now, nice bikes, be prepared to service it yourself and wait for parts to come from Maniac Motors.

·
Registered
57 Posts
So... the TRK502 would be my choice. The X is REALLY tall. Really, really, REALLY tall. With a 30" inseam I was on tiptoes at the dealer. The regular TRK502 is much more manageable. This is honestly a street touring bike anyhow, so the loss of the spoked wheels and 19" front is not a big deal.

To everyone bashing the TRK502 for being heavy, you don't understand. Yes, it's a 500cc bike. But it's a physically ENORMOUS bike. Big enough for two fatasses and all of their gear to ride across the United States on. It's Goldwing sized but with a 500cc motor. BIG. Lots of room for rider and passenger. BIG BIG BIG.

Yes, you can get a CB500X or a Versys that has better specs on paper, but they're also physically smaller bikes. If what you want is a capable bike with more focus on the dirt, then the TRK502 is not for you. If you want a super comfortable, extra-big long-distance touring bike that can do two-up comfortably, not cost an arm and a leg, and also handle the occasional dirt road with ease, then the TRK502 is your choice.

It's the same with the TNT300 and 302S. Yeah, you can get a lighter weight bike with similar specs, but have you sat on a ninja 300 or a cb300? They're lighter because they're TINY. The 302S is a full-sized bike, with full-sized rims and very comfortable proportions. The little CB300R is a micro bike, and my fat ass looks like a bear on a tricycle sitting on that thing. On the 302S I feel very comfortable and I look normal.

I like that Benelli is making full-size bikes at affordable prices. I'm a big guy and want to tour two-up. Before Benelli my options were a tiny affordable bike that was really uncomfortable to ride with a passenger, or a $14,000 machine, with little to nothing inbetween.

Charles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any thoughts on the TRK 502X, just got one and wondered if any problems were surfacing with it ?
Have had mine for a few months now, and have only racked up about 2000Kkm so far, but plenty of that was off road. Fuel level sensor failed early, but no problem since fixed under warranty. Loving the bike so far for the handling, and the the great fuel economy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have had mine for a few months now, and have only racked up about 2000Kkm so far, but plenty of that was off road. Fuel level sensor failed early, but no problem since fixed under warranty. Loving the bike so far for the handling, and the the great fuel economy!
After reading some of the other responses, I'll also add that I, too, am a big, tall bloke, and the 502X, although a little heavy for a 500cc, is tall and large framed, and super comfortable for a big rider.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They likewise delivered firearms for the Italian military during the First World War. Benelli delivered their first bike motor, a solitary chamber 2-stroke 75 cc machine, and it was placed into a bike outline however it didn't work that well. They fabricated their first legitimate cruiser in 1921 and have never thought back since.

Benelli won many dashing titles in Italy and Europe, on account of Tonino Benelli, who was a skilled rider. The organization proceeded to create various cruisers for regular citizen and military use, including some earth shattering models like a 250cc supercharged motor in 1940.

Over its 100+ year history, Benelli has seen many good and bad times, the most unmistakable of them being the finished obliteration of its processing plants during World War II and afterward shut down in 1988 due to declining deals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any thoughts on the TRK 502X, just got one and wondered if any problems were surfacing with it ?
I bought a new one in March, absolutely love it. Only niggle I have is the fuel gauge. At 250klm it showing I am low, try and put fuel in it, max 9ltrs. Google the range on full tank (20 ltr) 600+klm.
Anyone else having this problem?.
Having been riding since I was 16,i am now 61.i don't want the ultimate embarrassing serano of running out of fuel.
Love the Benelli

1 - 20 of 26 Posts