Benelli Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
They look quite nice and get favourable comments apart from heavy and low on power. They seem to be selling very well. When they bring a bigger version I could well be tempted.
If you want speed it's not for you. I bought in March this year after 10 years on a transalp 600.the 502x is smoother, punchier, and so much more comfortable. Handles beautifully and gives confidence in the wet.
Great bike for the buck

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a new one in March, absolutely love it. Only niggle I have is the fuel gauge. At 250klm it showing I am low, try and put fuel in it, max 9ltrs. Google the range on full tank (20 ltr) 600+klm.
Anyone else having this problem?.
Having been riding since I was 16,i am now 61.i don't want the ultimate embarrassing serano of running out of fuel.
Love the Benelli
I have had a similar thing. The fuel gauge is on 2 bars and then goes to flashing but filling up it only takes 14 litres where is the other 6 litres ?
Cheers

·
Registered
111 Posts
All the Chinese-made motorcycles are doing this. I've heard it's to protect the fuel pump, so the bike is never run completely out of gas (as the gas cools the pump). On my CSC RX3 when I did the first valve check I took the tank off, removed the fuel sender, and bent the arm down a bit. It was a super easy fix, and though it reads FULL for a lot longer, it's FAR more accurate on the low end of the gauge now.

What I suggest is what I always do with a new bike. Fill up a gas can, toss it in your topbox, and ride until you're completely out of fuel. Then you know the range you'll get under normal conditions. Drop it 20% for a safe margin and call it good.

Charles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All the Chinese-made motorcycles are doing this. I've heard it's to protect the fuel pump, so the bike is never run completely out of gas (as the gas cools the pump). On my CSC RX3 when I did the first valve check I took the tank off, removed the fuel sender, and bent the arm down a bit. It was a super easy fix, and though it reads FULL for a lot longer, it's FAR more accurate on the low end of the gauge now.

What I suggest is what I always do with a new bike. Fill up a gas can, toss it in your topbox, and ride until you're completely out of fuel. Then you know the range you'll get under normal conditions. Drop it 20% for a safe margin and call it good.

Charles.
If I run out of fuel could that cause any damage ?
Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any thoughts on the TRK 502X, just got one and wondered if any problems were surfacing with it ?
Im using the bike for some time, never gave me any problem. Only one issue that i do t understand, the manufacturers gave an abs on/off button in 502 model, but they remove it in 502x. I wonder how to switch off abs cuz once off road you dont need abs. Else im as good as my friends on other touring bikes

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Im using the bike for some time, never gave me any problem. Only one issue that i do t understand, the manufacturers gave an abs on/off button in 502 model, but they remove it in 502x. I wonder how to switch off abs cuz once off road you dont need abs. Else im as good as my friends on other touring bikes
I see you can disable the abs off road by spinning the rear wheel on wet ground / sand or mud . The bike thinks there’s a problem as wheel speeds don’t match and turns the abs off .
just watched a YouTube clip showing this .

·
Registered
111 Posts
You can just order the button for the 502 and plug it into the harness on the 502X. I believe in europe the standards now don't allow bikes to come with defeatable abs, which is why the leoncino no longer comes with that option there. But in the USA we get the ABS defeat option.

charles.

·
Registered
2022 Benelli TRK 502x
7 Posts
Over than 16,000 KM (on road & off road) in less than 5 months and had two issues:
  • Dealer replaced Front fork due to a factory fault
  • A dead battery in about four months, and to be honest, it was my mistake
Other than that, I enjoyed every moment with this TRK 502x, I just find it a quite heavy for a 500cc bike.

·
Registered
2022 Benelli TRK 502x
7 Posts
I see you can disable the abs off road by spinning the rear wheel on wet ground / sand or mud . The bike thinks there’s a problem as wheel speeds don’t match and turns the abs off .
just watched a YouTube clip showing this .
This post may help you:

·
Registered
2022 Benelli TRK 502x
7 Posts
Look at this post, it may help you

21 - 32 of 32 Posts