Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has doubts on this product think again. If you had read my earlier threads you would know that my brand new 1130 tornado had all sorts of problems. After getting the tune boy fitted my bike since has been flawless. It runs great, sounds great and feels great with no stalling or fuelling problems. The only thing i have noticed is that you need to warm the bike up before it begins to really run smoothly. Otherwise the thing is running great. A big thanks to Pete at Petes pit stop for fixing the problems with my bike his service was commendable!

The bike ran close to or if anything just over the 150hp mark at the rear wheel between 8200-8700 rpm and with an up spec rear sprocket from 36 to 42 the bike now is an animal! Pete reckons that it goes every bit as good as any recent 1000 jap bike.

I would recommend the tune boy to anyone who is interested. Best money i have spent!!!!!

By the way also discovered that the air flaps made the bike more crisp at low throttle!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thats good news:clap: I wasn't aware that TuneBoy did a map for a 1130 Tornado??
Tuneboy software comes with a number of stock maps but the main feature is that it backs up the existing map, so you can then adjust the fueling as needed. I.E if on a dyno then the operator can alter the fueling on the ECU directly to get the best power and fueling results, remove flat spots, weak or rich areas etc . set the CO2 and TPS and then save the new map.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Aussie RS dude the tps was ok just the original map was way way way to rich in the bottom end for my bike! We pulled some fuel out down low and tweak a little up high dropped the rev limiter a little and bang their you go a safe smooth reliable benelli. The thing once warm idles smooth runs great and pulls like a train. We compared the dyno readings between the 1130 and the 07 Kawasaki at 8000rpm and the benelli made an extra 30hp, the dam thing has torque everywhere it pulls like a train in 6th. :). And yeah they did use their own laptop and dyno!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Hope it fixes all mine as well! Russ has used a tuneboy map this time round so will see if that cures the stalling.

Col

·
3,085 Posts
Congrats

Steve P #2 :clap:

pics pics pics ;)

steve does your 1130 have a CF vented clutch cover? I noticed the aussie press 1130 (silver and black) in the latest cycle torque magazine had one? maybe its a factory accessory. I think that press/demo bike is the one used for the ADR testing. They rated it as one of the best bikes they have tested all year!!:clap:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes mate it does and it seems that it would be simple enough to turn any 900 tornado into a dry clutch!

·
3,085 Posts
yes

mechanically it would be, but i hear benelli wants mega $$ for a clutch side cover and parts to put one on :( , I think one would look awesome on a Cafe Racer

·
Registered
513 Posts
The thing about dry clutches is the racket they make,they sound like spanners in a tumble dryer :rolling: most things are better with lube :D

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
The thing about dry clutches is the racket they make,they sound like spanners in a tumble dryer :rolling: most things are better with lube :D
I think most Ducati owners love the dry clutch rattle. A bit of a Marmite thing, love it, or hate it, and so easy to work on. :clap:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts