Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all the tune boy is now available for the trek if anyone is interested maybe we can get a group buy going .

·
1,841 Posts
You are right DISTRACTEDRIDER (by what I always wonder !) I have the 900 sagem version,(900 rs) but I really want to use the datalog facility ( that works on your tnt walbro ecus ) but does not on the 900 sagem tuneboy ! With the walbro you have the datalog, but you dont have the diagnostics !!! To be honest you dont need diagnostics unless you have a fault light. But i really want to datalog as i have an innovate lc-1 + 02 sensor fitted and working and I would like to log with the tuneboy program,i then could make an improved map for the different exhausts i have.
Wayne says he will enable the datalog on 900 sagem ecus, but i have been asking for over a year now !!! he seems too busy and eventually forgets !!
I realise we are a small minority in terms of sales and he has to look after his own interests !, but from small acorns great oaks grow.? ( or maybe not ?)If Wayne reads this, please enable sagem datalog, it then would do everything I need.!!! (grovel grovel!!).
colin..

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
It's good to know they are still working on our bikes. Now if they could only finish up the diagnostic portion.:doh:
Alex we do not need diagnostics for our bikes.
That software, and the cables I sent you allow you to use the same type of diagnostics, if not better than the tuneboy. Forget about the TB diagnostics.

Colin I have been playing with my data logger the last couple of days. My only draw back is my lap top is big. I start data logging and put laptop in rear backpack and away I go.
I am currently modify (fine tuning) my map 2 for economy mode. I am trying to get the AF below 14.7 and above 14. At high RPM 8K to 9.5k I have made it richer. About 13. Got most of it done but need to make another run.
I do not have any flat spots hiccups or any other strange quirks. Pulls like a train.

·
1,841 Posts
Paul, good that you are improoving your maps. I could log now,but as well as having to carry the laptop, I can only log using the screen recorder program. I think I could use it ok but it would mean sitting down and writing down the figures whilst freeze framing. May be good in a way with video,as it shows the actual map and you can see the boxes that it is interpolating.Also the screen recorder is a freeby and only lasts for 5 min max so i would need to ride to a good road then turn on and then log. I will wait a bit longer and just hope Wayne gets the logging enabled.
colin..

·
5,931 Posts
Colin, you could use the logger in the LM-1 ... if you could pick up the TPS signal direct from the TPS. It'll be analogue, so might not take much to interface it to the LM-1. The rpm signal could come from P2A1 off the ECU to the dash. I expect this'll be digital, so an FtoV converter would be needed, plus amplification and level shifting. Probably not that hard.
This is what I had a mind to do before I discovered Motty.

·
1,841 Posts
Hi Errol, I only have the lc-1 not the lm-1 so unfortunatly I dont think i have a way of logging the revs or throttle position. With after thought the AFT seems good and the lm-1 can take additional inputs,but when i bought the lc-1 i thought Tuneboy would datalog. I think Wayne will eventually get the datalog working for sagem I will just have to be patient !

·
5,931 Posts
I've got an LM-1 doing nothing. No interface to the rpm though, but if you wanted to borrow it, you're more than welcome. You'd have to pick up the Innovate rpm interface (or knock up a F to V converter). The TPS should connect straight into the analog input.

·
1,841 Posts
Thanks for the offer mate,If I were in Aus I would borrow your lm-1,but I will have a play with my screen record method for now,that is when i get a chance and it is not raining etc..!!
colin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts